Engelberg-Titlis travelling with child aged 5

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2019 at 3:58:38 #824469

We have bought a swiss pass for myself and wife. Have two questions:

a) Does my son of 5 years need a swiss family card to travel?

b) Trip to Titlis, do we need to key my son’s particulars or add him in when applying on the Happy rail website to purchase the 50% discounted tickets?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    16 November 2019 at 4:07:50 #925178

You have the Swiss Travel Pass (the Swiss Pass is something else used by Swiss residents). Children under 5 travel for free in Switzerland. So you don’t need a Swiss Family Card for your son.

I would not buy tickets for Titlis from Happyrail. I would buy them at Engelberg when you know the weather is favourable for the trip. Even if you buy from Happyrail you will still need to exchange the “voucher” you get from them for an actual ticket at the ticket office in Engelberg.

Anna
    6355 posts
    16 November 2019 at 6:55:41 #925179

Hi LLejin,

Rockoyster is right, you don’t need a ticket or the Swiss Family Card if your son is below 6 years old at the time of travelling. As for the tickets to Titlis, it’s sufficient to just buy a ticket for you and your wife. Kids under five don’t need one. You can buy the tickets online here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti tlis/tickets

Be sure to download the Swiss Travel Pass validity map for your trip!

Best regards,

Anna

• The thread ‘Engelberg-Titlis travelling with child aged 5’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.