Engineering works – delay trip to Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 15:09:21 #817066

Hi,

I am planning a trip landing Basel Euroairport -Luzern-Bern-Thun-Bern-Laussane-Montreux -Basel in July but due to the engineering works in progress would it be better to postpone it for the autumn or do you think that the enginnering works won’t affect my trip so much?

Thank you very much in advance.

Lubov

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 19:09:19 #890180

Hi Lubov,

What and where are the engineering works you are talking about? Are they on the train tracks between towns somewhere?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 19:18:25 #890181

Hi Lucas,

Yes on the train tracks between almost all towns mentioned in the my post as of July 01 till the end of August.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 0:16:48 #890182

Yes, there are several big modernisation projects being done this summer, now that the summer holiday season has arrived. I travelled last week to see the view from the Bern – Lausanne line through the Lavaux (I went to Grandvaux and walked down to the lake at Cully) before the closure came into force .

Main lines affected are Basel – Olten and Bern – Lausanne

company.sbb.ch/de/medi en/medienstelle/medien mitteilungen/detail.ht ml/2018/4/2404-1

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 5:22:27 #890183

Thanks for the link 1960man!

They are indeed busy bees this summer!

I can’t say how much the construction will affect your travels. They are pretty good at limiting the impact of any work being done. The timetable does show when construction may affect your trip as well. So you can see which trips aren’t “guaranteed” and may have shuttle buses involved. IE Lausanne to Bern.

Search the timetable for your dates and routes of travel to see how much it may or may not affect you.

https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2018 at 15:10:46 #890184

Many thanks to both of you!

• The thread ‘Engineering works – delay trip to Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.