Enter Switzerland with Austrian Schengen first

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2017 at 5:45:22 #811078

Hello there,

i am Austria and my partner from Indonesia. He just got his Schengen Visa for Austria, unfortunately with a delay so we had to change the flight reservation twice. If he wants to fly in the next few days, the flights are ridiculously expensive and the affordable ones take up to 40 hrs with long overlays. Somehow flights from Bali to Zurich are almoat direct and a round trip would cost less then half (600 chf) than to Austria.

Would there be be a problem with him entering and exiting from Switzerland. I will pick him up from the airport and we will visit my brother in Bern and go skiing in the alpes and then maybe after a week go to Austria.

I know he is allowed to go to Switzerland and maybe even enter but will they give him a hard time?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2017 at 13:10:22 #860114

Hi Marionym and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If, as you say he is allowed to enter Switzerland as he has a Schengen Visa than I don’t see any reason for anyone to give him a hard time. I suppose it may look odd to the border patrol if it states his Visa is for Austria specifically?

It would be best to contact the Swiss consulate in Austria or immigration offices in Switzerland to get confirmation.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Enter Switzerland with Austrian Schengen first’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.