Swiss Travel Pass Flex not sent via e-mail?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 4:54:26 #822741

I should have seen the posts on the forum. The Happy Rails website allowed me to book Swiss Flex Travel passes while selecting E-Ticket as the delivery method. I am just realizing that print at home is not an option for Flex passes. (makes no sense to me but looks like this is the reality)

I am travelling on Jul 11th early morning and need the passes latest by the 10th. I sent Happy Rail a message via the Contact button on their portal about this issue. But I am wondering what is a solution to this problem. Can I ask them to change the delivery method to pickup at airport or hotel ?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2019 at 6:06:45 #917325

Hi Sharma,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Indeed the Swiss Travel Pass Flex is not available via e-mail yet, regardless of where you buy it. That will change later this year. I recommend to contact HappyRail via live chat or phone, and ask them to ship to your hotel or arrange for airport delivery. I’m not sure if that possible within two days, but you can certainly ask. Their contact details are here: http://www.myswissalps.com/ab outus/partners/happyra il.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 6:27:19 #917326

Thank you Arno for responding.

The order was just placed 3-4 hours back. I doubt they have even started processing it. I have not received any email confirmation from them. I assume it would not be hard to change delivery method at this time.

I was not able to find an actual email for Happy Rails that I could cc you guys on. But I have sent them a message using the “Contact Us” button on their site.

My credit card has been charged but I do not have an invoice number or any email confirmation from them that the order has been processed. All I have is a booking reference number.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2019 at 6:58:03 #917327

You’re welcome! I noticed that you have a Yahoo e-mail address. Yahoo has a very strict spam filter, often blocking legitimate e-mails too. It’s very well possible that the order confirmation has been sent, but ended up in your spam folder or was completely blocked. I recommend live chat or phone to contact HappyRail, to be sure this is taken care of as soon as possible.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 7:35:17 #917328

Thank you for the suggestion. But I just checked. The email did not end up in spam. Looks like their office is not open yet. But will definitely call them if they do not respond to my message.

I hope they will take care of the issue because there seems to be major issue in their booking system. If the E-Ticket is not an option for the Flex Pass, they should not have that as an option for the customer to select while checking out a Flex Pass.

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2019 at 8:25:03 #917329

Hi Sharma,

In that case the e-mail is most probably completely blocked by Yahoo. I’m not sure why they do that but it happens quite often. I suggest not to wait for their reply but call them immediately. Their reply might be blocked as well.

Well, in their defense, their page https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/swiss-travel-pass-flex explains about physical shipment and the shipping option drop down does as well. But I agree with you that it should still not be possible to pick a shipping option that won’t work. This will soon be solved as the Swiss Travel Pass Flex will be available for print@home as well.

Do let us know if you need more help.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 July 2019 at 13:29:18 #917330

Thank you Arno. They just emailed me stating that they have cancelled the order because they are not able to fulfill it via mail. We will have to purchase the passes at the airport once we get to Zurich.

We arrive in Zurich quite early at about 6 am. Are there automated locations where these passes are available at the Zurich airport or we have to wait for an SBB office to open up where one can purchase the pass ?

Arno
    15484 posts
    9 July 2019 at 13:33:51 #917331

Ok, so that’s all fine now. Passes can’t be purchased from the machines so you’ll have wait for the service desks to open. From the top of my mind that’s at 6:30 or 7:00 AM perhaps. They will need the passports of all travelers to issue the passes.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass Flex not sent via e-mail?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.