Eurail and Interrail passes discounted by 10%

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2021 at 15:25:59 #935127

I understand that a Eurail pass will get me from country to country but will it get me around the city of Paris? Do I need to purchase a different kind of city pass in Paris?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2021 at 17:30:48 #935128

Hi Nstpie,

you can download the validity map of the Eurail Global Pass at http://www.myswissalps.com/eurailglobalpass/validity. In Switzerland, city transport is not included in the pass. I belive it is the same in French altough I am not sure. Sorry, I cannot give you any advice about how to get around in Paris.

Ildiko

Arno
    15471 posts
    12 June 2021 at 5:54:33 #935129

Hi Nstpie,

City transport within Paris is indeed not included in Eurail passes. I’m not an expert on Paris either, but I think this pass is a popular one: https://www.viator.com/Paris/d479-ttd/p-2036PARIS.

SteelyD
    Participant
    43 posts
    12 June 2021 at 20:09:49 #935130

FYI, the pass is only 100% refundable if you purchase the $30 add-on “insurance”, which pretty much negates the 10% discount.

Arno
    15471 posts
    14 June 2021 at 4:45:28 #935131

Hi SteelyD,

That’s correct, although normally that only applies to paper passes. Mobile passes are fully refundable if cancelled before the start date. However, for promotions this may or may not apply, it depends on the specific offer. For the promotion discussed here, they now added this: “During the sale, upgrade to Plus in the checkout for a Pass that is 100% refundable (85% without upgrade)“. I’m quite sure that was not there yet a few days ago. Anyway, further details are available here:

• The thread ‘Eurail and Interrail passes discounted by 10%’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.