Eurail free travel days promotion in March

• Arno
    15483 posts
    1 March 2018 at 20:41:21 #814572

Hi travelers,

You’ll get 1 to 5 additional travel days on your Eurail pass if you buy in March. Eurail passes offer unlimited traveling in all of Europe or selected countries. Anyone with a non-European passport can buy such passes.

Please find retailers who offer this promotion here:

This promotion is not valid for 2nd class adult passes and 2- and 3-month passes. The expiration date of the promotion varies by the retailer (March 28 in some cases, March 31 in other cases), so do buy in time!

If you have a European passport you qualify for Interrail passes.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 1:10:28 #877516

I have a Eurail Pass for 6 days of travel starting April 28th. Do I understand that I also need a Swiss Rail Pass to travel on the Glacier Express or the GoldenPass? Now I am wondering if my pass is only for regional trains? Could you explain the difference between the Swill Rail Pass and the Eurail Pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 March 2018 at 8:08:22 #877517

Hi Rooclan and welcome to MySwissAlps!

You can read about the differences on those two rail passes here (open the PDF map and check out the list below on each link:

For your specific questions the Eurail Pass does cover those 2 train trips, except for the mandatory seat reservation on the Glacier Express (no rail pass covers that).

Rail pass coverage is all about the route you take (not what type of train you get on).

• The thread ‘Eurail free travel days promotion in March’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.