Eurail Global Pass at the Jungfrau Region

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 13:20:01 #811557

Hello everyone,

My wife and I have the Eurail global pass and will be visiting the Jungfrau region for 3.5 days starting on May 27th. We are staying at Interlaken. We plan to go to the Jungfraujoch once and explore other towns like Murren, etc. on other days.

Can anyone please help me out to make the right choice in buying the passes. On this site, it states that tickets are 25% off and free to go back to Interlaken. So I have to pay tickets at 25% off every time I go up and it is always a free ride down to Interlaken? Is it always a free ride down no matter what kind of ticket or pass you have? I would like to compare this in getting a 3 day regional pass. Will I get a discount if I buy a regional pass because I have a Global pass?

Thank you in advance for your replies and inputs.

Randy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2017 at 16:01:13 #862261

Hi Randy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The Eurail Global Pass gets you 25% off the ticket from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch. When it states that the train is free TO Interlaken, it means the pass covers you as far as Interlaken from other towns, but then you must buy a ticket to Jungfraujoch. You must still buy a ticket back to Interlaken.

The Jungfrau Travel Pass has better coverage in the region but you still have to buy a ticket from Eigergletscher to Jungfraujoch (and back) at 50% off.

I linked both passes above to our information pages that include a map of where the pass covers. Depending on the train routes you plan on traveling it should help you decide if the cost of the Jungfrau Travel Pass is worth buying.

There is no discount on the Jungfrau Travel Pass price for Eurail Global Pass holders unfortunately.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Eurail Global Pass at the Jungfrau Region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.