Eurail Global Pass vs Swiss Travel Pass validity

• dgwallace
    Participant
    7 posts
    13 September 2022 at 20:33:02 #828338

This forum helped me immensely via my first post, so I have great confidence that you can help me again. I will be traveling through Europe November 29 through December 8. I will travel from Munich to Milan to Lucerne and finally to Paris.

I have already reserved a spot on the Bernina Express on Dec. 3, and I have reserved an overnight sleeper on a train from Munich to Milan.

However, I am confused about purchasing a Eurail Global Pass for the entire trip.

Will a Eurail Global Pass work for the same trains in Switzerland as the Swiss Travel Pass? Should I get a Eurail Global Pass for the days outside of Switzerland and a Swiss Travel Pass for the days that I am in Switzerland?

I will appreciate your advice.

• The thread ‘Eurail Global Pass vs Swiss Travel Pass validity’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.