Routes and tickets for Mt Titlis and Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2017 at 17:57:29 #811348

Dear All

I and my wife are in Swiss from 07 June 2017 till 12 June i.e 5 Nights / 6 Days with my 2 kids ( 9 / 3.6 Years ) and my parents , Reaching swiss from paris in evening on 07 June and Leaving Swiss to Venice in Mrng on 12 June, i like to seek advise on few doubts.

a) We are planning to stay in Lucerne for all 5 nights , is this ok or we should change the base after 2/3 nights?

b) We are planing to visit , Full Day Tour Mt Jung , Next Day tour to mt Titlis , one day tour to Lucerne City, Still i have 1 full day left , so what should i visit keeping in mind that it should not be very hectic and 2 kids and parents are with me?

c) To Visit Mt Junfru i have researched the routing , please suggest is this is the right routing?

Lucerne to Interlaken — 09:05 – 09:55 — 34 Eur

Interleken to Lauterbern — 11:05 – 11:25 — 9.5 Eur

Lauterberren to Klein Scheidegg — 12:07 – 12:50 — 29 Eur

Klein Scheidegg To Jungfroach — 13:30 – 14:05 — 61 Eur

Total — 133 Eur

Return : Different Route

Jungfroach to Klein Scheidegg — 16:13 – 16:48 — 61 Eur

Klein Scheidegg To Glindelwald — 17:03 – 17:42 — 30 Eur

Glindelwald to Interlaken — 05:49 – 06:24 — 13 Eur

Interlaken To Lucerne — 07:04 – 08:55 — 34 Eur

Total — 138 Eur Per Person

Total : 271 Eur Per Person

1) Is this is the right routing?

2) Is these are the prices which i have checked?

3) Does a Swiss Half Fare Card will save money?

4) I believe kids will be free if i take Swiss Half Fare Card?

4) Also I will be travelling to Mt Titlis and Lucerne to Zurich etc so Half Fare card will be useful?

I know my thread is long but i need advise.

Thanks in Advance

Ankur Nangia

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 7:29:57 #861239

Hi Ankur,

1. Luzern is a popular base town and could work for you for 5 days based on what you said you want to see. Another option, if you want, is to stay in Interlaken for 2 nights or even a smaller alpine town like Lauterbrunnen (both are closer to Jungfraujoch) but its up to you what towns you prefer.
    2. Your routes are correct. All you need to do is enter Luzern to Jungfraujoch on the timetable to see the route options on your day of travel.
    3. Prices will vary depending on any rail pass you may have. The Swiss Travel Pass covers the trains up to Grindelwald. From there you must buy a ticket to Jungfraujoch (at a 25% discount). You can buy this ticket before leaving Luzern – so no need to get off train. The Swiss Half Fare Card does indeed offer 50% all the trips to Jungfraujoch – and 50% off all train trips in Switzerland. Your children will travel free if you get either of those rail passes for the adults – you must just order the Swiss Family Card (free) along with the rail pass. All children under 5 travel free regardless of what ticket or pass you have.

Let us know if you have further questions!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 10:11:43 #861240

Thanks Lucas for your help.

Please Also Advise as i have shared my points of interest in swiss and also we are coming to Swiss from Paris by Eurail after spending 3 days at paris , which pass will save money for my travel?

a) Swiss Half Fare Card

b) Swiss Travel Pass OR

c) 2 Country Pass ( France and Swiss )

2. I have 1 day free at swiss , I should visit Mt Pilatus OR Schihthron OR Any Scenic Train Route for 1 Day so that i can reach my base in the night?

Thanks

Ankur Nangia

Last Post for Routing and post of interest …..

I and my wife are in Swiss from 07 June 2017 till 12 June i.e 5 Nights / 6 Days with my 2 kids ( 9 / 3.6 Years ) and my parents , Reaching swiss from paris in evening on 07 June and Leaving Swiss to Venice in Mrng on 12 June, i like to seek advise on few doubts.

a) We are planning to stay in Lucerne for all 5 nights , is this ok or we should change the base after 2/3 nights?

b) We are planing to visit , Full Day Tour Mt Jung , Next Day tour to mt Titlis , one day tour to Lucerne City,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 April 2017 at 17:25:27 #861241

If you are only taking the one train in France (to Zurich) then I would not buy the Eurail Select Pass. I think the Swiss Travel Pass is the best option for you.

Have a look at our information pages to help you decide on choosing between Schilthorn, Mt. Pilatus and maybe the Golden Pass panoramic train (between Luzern and Montreux). Mt. Pilatus is the easiest mountain to reach from Luzern and if you prefer a scenic train ride than I would look at the Golden Pass which starts in Luzern.

Please make sure you read through my first post to help you in this trip plan as well.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Routes and tickets for Mt Titlis and Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.