Eurail Pass coverage to Chamonix & Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 December 2018 at 20:40:19 #819196

Last year my husband and I purchased the Swiss “Flex” pass and traveled through Switzerland for 8 days. We especially loved Zermatt and want to go back again next December (2019). We are also thinking of taking the trains into France to explore the French alps, particularly Chamonix. Does anyone know if a two country Eurail pass will allow us to travel from Chamonix to Zermatt? When we took the train last year, some Swiss towns did not allow the Eurail pass. I believe Grindelwald was one of them. I was just thinking that a 2 country Eurail pass might be less expensive than a Swiss pass and separate train tickets to go into France. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance and also for all the help you provided in 2017!

• The thread ‘Eurail Pass coverage to Chamonix & Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10610 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.