Eurail Pass or Swiss rail pass -which is best?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 June 2018 at 15:37:11 #816699

Hi,
    We are a couple – traveling with my wife visiting Switzerland end of July month.We are reaching Lucerne by train from Zurich airpoint. Plan is to stay 5 nights in Switzerland – 2 nights in Luzern, 3 nights in Interlaken, . We would likely do a day trip to Bern by train from Lucerne. At Lucerne, plan to do cog rail to either Mt. Rigi or Mt. Pilatus . Then we will travel by train to Interlaken. We are planning on visiting Jungfraujoch. And then planning to take train to Milan(Italy) from Interlaken.

My questions are:

1. For travel within Switzerland, is the best pass the Regional Berner Oberland pass or should I consider Swiss pass or something else? Which of the above trips I noted are fully covered in the Regional Berner Oberland pass, and which ones are discounted?

2. Other than getting the pass, I assume I also need to book specific train reservations using the pass, i.e. I can’t just use the pass to board trains, correct? If so, which website should I use?

3. For the travel from Interlaken to Milan, are there multiple website options that are available to book trains, can you recommend any?

Thanks,
    prakash

• The thread ‘Eurail Pass or Swiss rail pass -which is best?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.