Eurail train pass sale – 20% discount

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 October 2017 at 14:31:43 #870453

Does discounts and free museum tickets from Swiss Travel Pass apply to Euro Rail 2-country pass?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    31 October 2017 at 16:00:58 #870454

Hi jnrfalcon and welcome to MySwissAlps!

No, unfortunately not – they are two different rail passes with different benefits.

If you need help choosing a rail pass check out our page “how to choose the best rail pass” which will help you do the math to compare your planned trips with various rail passes that are available.

Fritzrab
    Participant
    45 posts
    1 November 2017 at 16:22:50 #870455

Hi, No one has seen a discount on purchasing the Swiss Half Fare card have they?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 November 2017 at 16:39:13 #870456

Hi Fritzrab,

Nothing currently no. We list any promotions on the Swiss Half Fare Card page here.

Arno
    15482 posts
    23 November 2017 at 12:16:18 #870457

Hi all,

There is now an additional Black Friday discount: €10 off, on top of the 20% discount. Only from today until November 27. Please see http://www.eurail.com/en/blac k-friday-cyber-monday.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 November 2017 at 2:09:13 #870458

Thank you for this; my husband and I are renting a car through Switzerland. However, to get from Interlaken to see Jungfrau, I believe we have to take the train. What is the best pass for us to get for this day trip? We are planning on doing other short day trips by train. What would be the best pass for us? We are in Switzerland for 14 days. Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 November 2017 at 6:47:39 #870459

Hi Stringspace and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It would be best to start a new thread to ask your questions: https://www.myswissalp s.com/forum/rail

To briefly answer your question, if you are planning a few trips by train/cable car during your 2 weeks I would look at the Swiss Half Fare Card – 50% off all tickets your buy for travel within Switzerland. Another useful web page here is how to choose the best rail pass.

If you have more questions about any part of your trip please do start your own thread as you will get more help on your topic for all forum members. 🙂

• The thread ‘Eurail train pass sale – 20% discount’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.