EUrail pass (Swtizerland) valid in Jungfraujoch ?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2013 at 16:08:36 #805759

Hi!

I have read a lot of posts and I still can’t find an answer for this question,

I have a new Eurail train pass, selected 5 counties valid in 6 days in 2 months for Czech, Austria, Italy, Germany and Switzerland.

With this pass can I go up to Jungfraujoch from Interlaken Ost by train?

It’s because I know Jungfraujoch is a special spot, do I need to buy a separate train ticket?

Thank you so much!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2013 at 21:51:25 #837940

hi am planning to travel to europe with my husband this coming february,we plan to go paris amsterdam switzerland,is there any train connection as the website is confusing,so many type of train,I need the latest info of the timing and is itt safe if we purchase online

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 January 2013 at 21:54:13 #837941

we have 12 days and can u think of what is the best place to visit if we want to go to this 3 places and we want to take the train so we can see scenery and can u advise me what are the interesting place to visit,we love view but we hate those historical places

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 January 2013 at 0:28:36 #837942

Hi Victorlhy,

With a Eurail Pass, you’ll get discounts of 25 to 50% on a number of mountain excursions, including the Jungfraujoch. Free traveling applies to Interlaken, and you need a discounted ticket for the rest of the trip. Details like this, and a network map, can be found on the Eurail Select Pass page.

Have fun!

[quote]Victorlhy said: Hi!

I have read a lot of posts and I still can’t find an answer for this question,

I have a new Eurail train pass, selected 5 counties valid in 6 days in 2 months for Czech, Austria, Italy, Germany and Switzerland.

With this pass can I go up to Jungfraujoch from Interlaken Ost by train?

It’s because I know Jungfraujoch is a special spot, do I need to buy a separate train ticket?

Thank you so much![/quote]

Arno
    15484 posts
    23 January 2013 at 0:38:41 #837943

Hi Evita, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

The timetable shows all trains for a particular day and time. The exact type of train is not really important. Just check what connection is most convenient for you. Yes, you can safely purchase online, and it’s recommended to do so as you’ll need to book seats in advance for the international transfers you’ll be making (I can give you a website if you let us know where you’re from). I would say that Lucerne, Interlaken and St. Moritz (or nearby towns) are worth looking into. St. Moritz would be cold and there’s lots of snow. From the other towns, you can easily go into the mountains for snow. For further questions, please post a topic of your own rather then adding to someone else’s post (see the forum rules). Thanks!

[quote]evita said: we have 12 days and can u think of what is the best place to visit if we want to go to this 3 places and we want to take the train so we can see scenery and can u advise me what are the interesting place to visit,we love view but we hate those historical places[/quote]

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 January 2013 at 1:48:58 #837944

Thank you very much for your quick response! May I ask if I present my EUrail pass for the 25% discount to Jungfrau, does it count for 1 day used on my pass? As my pass can only be used for 6 days in two months.

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 January 2013 at 2:13:02 #837945

Hi,

No, you don’t need a free travel day to get the discount. This is a quote from the Eurail regulations: “If you use a free benefit on a certain day, you will have to fill in a travel day on your pass. Reduction benefits can be used anytime within the validity period of your pass.

• The thread ‘EUrail pass (Swtizerland) valid in Jungfraujoch ?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.