Eurail Pass Valid to travel on public transport?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 1:03:50 #804546

Hello,

We four in my family will be travelling to Zurich from Paris on 24th of this month. We have eurail global pass.
    I have some doubts though. I am planing to do my trips as below:
    1) on 24th after alighting at Zurich, Going to Schaffhausen and staying there for 1 night
    2) 25th we want to go to Jungfrau from Schaffhausen and return to Richterswil for stay.
    3) 26th we will be going to Engelberg from Richterswil and returning to Zurich.
    4) on 26th night we will be travelling to Vienna by night train.

I want to know with eurail pass do I need to buy any other pass for travelling withing Switzerland?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 11:03:46 #833673

Please check directly to http://www.sbb.ch/en/home.html

Arno
    15471 posts
    4 August 2011 at 14:33:27 #833674

Hi mayuresh,

You can best check our Eurail Global Pass page. There’s a link to a map showing exactly what’s covered. You don’t need another pass for traveling in Switzerland.

Have fun!

• The thread ‘Eurail Pass Valid to travel on public transport?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.