Eurail passes validity for Jaungfrau and Titlis

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
amanggupta
amanggupta
1 post
Apr 16, 2016 - 6:03 AM

Hi All,

I have a first class Eurail Global pass for 15 days with unlimited train travel. On my Switzerland visit I will definitely like to visit Jaungrau summit. I understand that I'm entitled for 25% off while taking train to Jaungrau region.

I will be starting my trip from Interlaken area and understand that I will have to take 3 trains to reach top of Jaungfrau i.e.

1. Interlaken Ost - Grindelwald

2. Grindelwald - Kl. Scheidegg

3. Kl. Scheidegg - Jungfraujoch

I want to know which of the above legs will be covered for free under my Eurail pass and for which legs I will have to buy separate tickets at discount.

Prices to Jaungfrauch from each of the stations varies highly. non-discounted return journey from:

1. Interlaken - 218 CHF

2. Grindelwad - 184 CHF

3. Kl. Scheidegg - 124 CHF

This information will be highly useful for me while planning my budget.

I have similar question for Mt. Titlis. I suppose Eurail pass will cover train tickets till Engelberg. Will Eurail cover anything in journey beyond Engelberg or can I get any discounts on Eurail pass for further journey?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Arno
Arno
14075 posts
expert &
Apr 16, 2016 - 8:59 AM

Welcome amanggupta!

You'll find the answers on our Eurail Global Pass page: myswissalps.com/ eurailglobalpass/ validity.

To summarize:

• You'll get 25% off on the Jungfraujoch trip, none of the legs are free.
  • Indeed you can reach Engelberg for free. From there, the cable car is 50% off.

Have fun!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019