Eurail suitable for bus Thun to Hünibach?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2018 at 11:46:11 #818711

Hello, our trip to Switzerland is very near at last and first of all I have to thank you for helping us to plan this trip from the very beginning. One of my last questions before traveling -I hope, is if I can use the Eurail Select Pass for public transport as local buses. I need to go from Thun to Hünibach, and there’s no train up to there. How can I manage to have a bus ticket to do that short trip? Can I pay with cash on the bus? Or is it necessary to buy a ticket at the station?

I would appreciate if someone can tell me if the Eurail pass could be use for the bus too.

Thanks!!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 October 2018 at 17:47:24 #897993

Hi Nataguzman,

The Eurail Select Pass only covers the routes noted on the PDF map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/eu railselectpass/validit y. Basically no buses in Switzerland are covered.

If there is no train to your destination then you can take a bus but if it isn’t a covered route then you pay at a ticket machine at the bus stop (city routes) or for longer bus routes between towns where there is no train then you could buy it at a local office.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 October 2018 at 21:09:41 #897994

Hi

It’s a very short trip and you can pay the driver when you get on the bus – it will only be a few francs.

Maggie

• The thread ‘Eurail suitable for bus Thun to Hünibach?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.