Eurail Winter Sale until 31 December 2018

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arctic_Wolf
    Participant
    40 posts
    2 December 2018 at 14:42:17 #899787

Hi Arno looks like some great discounts. Q: Can I use the 15 day in 2 months ticket of the Global pass, even though I’m going to Switzerland and Italy only? Or do I have to use the 1-4 country ticket?

Arno
    15484 posts
    2 December 2018 at 16:37:50 #899788

Hi Arctic Wolf,

If that works out cheaper for you then you certainly can. It’s up to you if you use the Eurail Global Pass in one country or all over Europe.

Arctic_Wolf
    Participant
    40 posts
    3 December 2018 at 10:29:04 #899789

Just purchased the 15 day/2 month ticket. Saved heaps.

Thank you Arno.

Ichasoepeno
    Participant
    4 posts
    11 December 2018 at 17:20:03 #899790

Hi Arno,

as i will be travelling to some countries in europe for around 2 weeks (Switzerland, France, Prague, Italy, Vienna, Belgium) including spending around 4 days in Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald (and perhaps also to Jungfraugoch); will Eurorail global pass (2 weeks in 2 months time) be useful to use in switzerland too? Am i correct that all the inter city/town train will be covered with the pass except the one to jungfraugoch?

thanks in advance for the explanation

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2018 at 17:29:33 #899791

Hi Ichasoepeno,

If you click on Arno’s links on his first post for the rail pass you want and then click the “where it’s valid” tab you can see a PDF map that shows the routes that are covered in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 December 2018 at 18:24:31 #899792

I am new to this but have a trip planned in which we land in Paris, but want to get over to Zermatt or other Swiss city. I thought my best option would be 5 night over 2 months pass for 2 countries. However, before buying, I tried to get a reservation from CDG Paris to Basel, and it said this pass would not work and to just buy a ticket. Is that the case? And what would you suggest I buy if we plan to go from paris to switzerland, stay in a couple places in switzerland, and then have to get back to CDG paris for our flight home. Trip is in February.

Arno
    15484 posts
    28 December 2018 at 11:51:26 #899793

Hi NateSecor, welcome to MySwissAlps!

You should be able to obtain a reservation as a Eurail pass holder. However, a Eurail Pass is rarely the cheapest choice if you don’t travel frequently in all countries covered by the pass. If you only have two trips in France (from and to Paris), you might as well buy regular tickets with reservations included: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france. Additionally you may or may not need a pass for Switzerland, but you first need to plan your trip in detail: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

This thread is about a promotion that almost expires, so it will be closed then. Please post a new thread for further questions that are not specifically about this promotion.

• The thread ‘Eurail Winter Sale until 31 December 2018’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.