Making reservations on Swiss trains – Eurail Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 7:54:02 #814383

Hi,

I have purchased euro rail pass for Swiss and Italy. But I am unable to book the seat reservation with eurorail option for Swiss internal journeys which is mentioned below.. Or do i need to buy at station

Travelling in March 17 to 24.

Zurich-lucern, lucerne – endelberg, lucerne – interlaken (golden pass), interlaken – montreux-bern

Please suggest web-sites to book tickets with eurorail..unable to book on eurorail site. Do I I need to buy Swiss half fare card as well?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 February 2018 at 9:13:52 #876418

Hi Poojauk,

Most train trips in Switzerland do not require reservations (not can you even if you want usually).

On your trips noted above you might only need to reserve on the Golden Pass route between Zweisimmen and Montreux (last leg of the Golden Pass) BUT due to construction, reservations are not possible anyway.

So just hop on your trains and go! 🙂

cam223
    Participant
    97 posts
    16 February 2018 at 14:07:31 #876419

I found that calling eurorail was the best way to make seat reservations. The people that I spoke to were very well informed and helpful. Reservations may not be necessary and can’t be made on some local trains but when we travel for business we want the added assurance that we do indeed have seats.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2018 at 20:38:03 #876420

Thanks a lot Lucas:)

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 February 2018 at 20:38:52 #876421

I will check It out. Thanks a lot 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 March 2018 at 21:01:36 #876422

we found making our reservations directly with swiss rail & french rail via there websites were much cheaper than booking thru eurail.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 March 2018 at 7:46:50 #876423

There are indeed many options to buy tickets and sometimes the cheapest option changes.

We have a list of good online retailers here, including national rail service companies for various countries to check.

• The thread ‘Making reservations on Swiss trains – Eurail Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.