Making reservations on Swiss trains - Eurail Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
poojauk
poojauk
5 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 7:54 AM

Hi,

I have purchased euro rail pass for Swiss and Italy. But I am unable to book the seat reservation with eurorail option for Swiss internal journeys which is mentioned below.. Or do i need to buy at station

Travelling in March 17 to 24.

Zurich-lucern, lucerne - endelberg, lucerne - interlaken (golden pass), interlaken - montreux-bern

Please suggest web-sites to book tickets with eurorail..unable to book on eurorail site. Do I I need to buy Swiss half fare card as well?

Last modified on Feb 16, 2018 - 8:00 AM by poojauk
Lucas
Lucas
9928 posts
expert &
Feb 16, 2018 - 9:13 AM in reply to poojauk

Hi Poojauk,

Most train trips in Switzerland do not require reservations (not can you even if you want usually).

On your trips noted above you might only need to reserve on the Golden Pass route between Zweisimmen and Montreux (last leg of the Golden Pass) BUT due to construction, reservations are not possible anyway.

So just hop on your trains and go! :)

cam223
cam223
76 posts
Feb 16, 2018 - 2:07 PM

I found that calling eurorail was the best way to make seat reservations. The people that I spoke to were very well informed and helpful. Reservations may not be necessary and can't be made on some local trains but when we travel for business we want the added assurance that we do indeed have seats.

poojauk
poojauk
5 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 8:38 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks a lot Lucas:)

poojauk
poojauk
5 posts
Feb 18, 2018 - 8:38 PM in reply to cam223

I will check It out. Thanks a lot :)

becmcentire
becmcentire
21 posts
Mar 1, 2018 - 9:01 PM in reply to cam223

we found making our reservations directly with swiss rail & french rail via there websites were much cheaper than booking thru eurail.

Lucas
Lucas
9928 posts
expert &
Mar 2, 2018 - 7:46 AM

There are indeed many options to buy tickets and sometimes the cheapest option changes.

We have a list of good online retailers here, including national rail service companies for various countries to check.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018