Euro Rail pass or Swiss Travel pass

• divyesh
    Participant
    2 posts
    26 February 2018 at 22:14:28 #814518

Hi,

I would like to know which passes would be suitable for me, Eurorail pass or Swiss travel pass. I am travelling to amsterdam to paris and then to switzerland with my family. we are total 7 people.

My itinerary is as below.

Day 1: Amsterdam to Paris using Thalys train.

Day 2: Explore Paris

Day 3: Leave for Geneva from Paris via flight. Explore Geneva and then leave for Interlaken via regional train for stay.

Day 4: Leave from Interlaken for Jungfrauh. In Evening back to Interlaken for stay.

Day 5 : Leave from Interlaken to Lucerne and back.(Or take trip of glacier express to St Moritz and back)

Day 6: Interlaken to Geneva via regional train. Take flight from Geneva to Amsterdam.

Kindly advise me which travel pass would be appropriate for me and why.

Thanks

Divyesh

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 February 2018 at 8:10:12 #877277

Hi Divyesh, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

You will need to check the prices of all your planned train, bus, gondola, boat tickets (you plan to take) and do the math to compare prices. We have a page here on how to choose the best rail pass that has a spreadsheet to help you.

I doubt the Eurail Select Pass would be a good choice unless you are planning several trips within France but you never know. Most likely you would look at point to point tickets to/from Switzerland along with either the Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Half Fare Card.

Not sure what time you’re flying back to Amsterdam, but if you have time have a look at the Golden Pass scenic train route. It will take about 5 hours to get you from Interlaken to Geneva but it’s worth the trip. Use the Swiss train timetable to plan this trip and make sure to put Zweisimmen and Montreux in the via boxes.

• The thread ‘Euro Rail pass or Swiss Travel pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.