Is Eurorail pass actually useful in Switzerland?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2017 at 5:26:48 #811597

Hello, I have a 2 country Eurorail pass, one of the country’s is Switzerland. But it seems there are not many trains where I can use it. Not sure how I can best utilize my time on a

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15482 posts
    29 April 2017 at 8:12:45 #862450

Hi Rushfan,

You mean the Eurail Select Pass, right? Actually it covers almost all trains in Switzerland. The limitation is that it does not include many cableways/cogwheel trains. Also it only offers discounts on boat trips. Urban transport systems within towns are not included, and museums are not included either. The Swiss Travel Pass offers much more.

It depends on your plans whether the Eurail Select Pass is sufficient or not. Both links I gave above allow you to download the coverage maps from the “Where it’s valid” tab. That allows you to compare the passes in detail.

• The thread ‘Is Eurorail pass actually useful in Switzerland?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.