Evening trip with Tell Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2018 at 13:13:04 #818499

Hi All.

Even after intense research, I couldn’t find any place to visit after 4 pm using Tell Pass. Could anyone please let me know if there are any places which could be accessed after 4pm starting from Lucerne.

Thank you.

Kavana

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2018 at 15:02:04 #896803

HI Kavana and welcome to MySwissAlps,

By place do you mean mountain by chance? You can take a train anywhere in the Tell Pass validity area after 4pm without issue. 🙂 http://www.myswissalps.com/te llpass/validity

As for mountains, it is trickier as they tend to close around 6pm (last ride down).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2018 at 19:38:47 #896804

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, by place I meant the mountain or any other nice places. Like you mentioned the last round for all the moutains is around 6 pm. So I was thinking a way to utilize the tell pass in evening. Any suggestion on how I can plan my evening.

Best Regards

Nithin

Arno
    15484 posts
    24 September 2018 at 20:41:16 #896805

Hi Nithin,

The trains to Mount Rigi operate until a little later, but you have to factor in the sunset time too. It won’t be worth it in the dark. Perhaps a boat trip would still be possible.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2018 at 0:05:10 #896806

Depends on date and day of the week, but there are plenty of options. You can ride any local trains all evening, and there are several lake boat departures after 16.00 (it is best to get used to using the 24 hour clock otherwise you may be confused by timetable posters and departure boards).

You can travel to Vitznau and back after 16.00, and if it is dark it is actually rather picturesque with all the twinkling lights along the shores of the lake, and the lit up Burgenstock vertical lift.

There is a new service this year shuttling to and from Burgenstock, which runs all night. This entails a boat across the lake connecting to the funicular railway up the hillside to Burgenstock.

This would make a good trip although Burgenstock itself is an eyesore…

Arno
    15484 posts
    25 September 2018 at 7:59:59 #896807

Good suggestion, a boat trip around sunset is very nice.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2018 at 14:54:03 #896808

Dear Arno and 1960man Sir, my journey is in last week of Nov, so whether Burgenstock and Vitznau boat journey after return by 4 pm, also runs that evening time considering the winter time peruid.

your guide in this matter be highly appreciable…thanks

Sunil Hansaria

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2018 at 23:27:23 #896809

In the winter timetable from 22 October there is a 16.12 from Luzern to Vitznau, 40 minutes in Vitznau before the return boat arrives. There is also an evening dining boat 19.12 from Luzern to Vitznau and back in some days in winter

Burgenstock runs all year because Burgenstock now has lots of accomodation blocks so is now served by a ‘shuttle’

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2018 at 1:24:55 #896810

Thank you Sir I got some ideas for my trip, as even my first day of Switzerland visit ,I am reaching from Zurich to Luzern by 3pm and was wondering what I will do in that evening time , I hope it’s all included in winter tell pass..this reply indeed helps me in charting my evening prog,,,,and other train scenic visit on tell pass, any such idea and suggestions , I am further looking for….Thank you again Sir for your valuable advices…

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2018 at 7:40:39 #896811

Hi Hansaria,

You can check what is included on the Winter Tell Pass on my last post. It notes routes, mountains and some museum discounts like the Swiss Transport Museum: http://www.myswissalps.com/mu seumoftransport and activities in Lucerne are noted here: http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne (under the what to do tab).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2018 at 9:43:38 #896812

Hi Team,

One more question, Is Lake Lucerne Panoramic Sightseeing Cruise by MS SAPHIR included in tell pass.

Best Regards,

Kava

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2018 at 7:25:08 #896813

Normally those yachts are not included on rail passes, though I believe they offer discounts with the Swiss Travel Pass. So they may also do so for your Tell Pass.

The regularly scheduled cruises noted here are covered: http://www.myswissalps.com/bo atlakelucerne

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 September 2018 at 11:49:11 #896814

Dear Lucas Sir,

so if a particular boat is private not free under tell pass or not ,how we able to differentiate ie which boats are covered under tell pass journey.?

thanks and regards

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 September 2018 at 12:00:49 #896815

Hi Sunil,

On the page Lucas referred to, click to the Route tab and click the link under “More on other websites” to find the timetables. All boats going from A to B on a regular schedule are free. Exceptions are special dinner cruises, for example, or the circular luxurious yacht cruise you are referring to. You will get a discount though. Prices are mentioned on their website: http://www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ offers/round-trips/scenic-cruises-on-the-panorama-yacht/. I don’t know specifically for the Tell-Pass, but I assume you’ll get a CHF 10.50 discount just like with the Swiss Travel Pass.

• The thread ‘Evening trip with Tell Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.