Exact match Swiss ticket name and passport name?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Twobkind
Twobkind
6 posts
Oct 14, 2019 - 11:55 PM

Hello again! I am ready to purchase my Day Passes (one for Saturday, and one for Sunday). Does the name on the ticket need to match exactly the name on the passport? I ask because my passport includes my middle name, although I only use my first and last name for hotels, etc.

Arno
Arno
14100 posts
expert &
Oct 15, 2019 - 5:16 AM

Hi Twobkind,

You need to enter your name as stated on your passport, because that's what will (can) be checked on the trains. Please find purchase options for the Saver Day Pass here: www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/price.

pkerr
pkerr
150 posts
Oct 15, 2019 - 8:41 PM in reply to Arno

Arno,

I defer to your experience and expertise but regarding the HFC and name matching on the passport. I was asked to see my HFC a few times and never did they also ask to see my passport. So that's not saying they never would as for the passport but they appeared to just want to make sure I had the card.

Arno
Arno
14100 posts
expert &
Oct 16, 2019 - 5:35 AM in reply to pkerr

Hi Pkerr,

That's indeed what happens 95% of the time. We've had our passport checked though, on multiple occasions. Usually on trains and not other modes of transport.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019