Exact match Swiss ticket name and passport name?

• Twobkind
    Participant
    6 posts
    14 October 2019 at 23:55:51 #824204

Hello again! I am ready to purchase my Day Passes (one for Saturday, and one for Sunday). Does the name on the ticket need to match exactly the name on the passport? I ask because my passport includes my middle name, although I only use my first and last name for hotels, etc.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15471 posts
    15 October 2019 at 5:16:06 #923684

Hi Twobkind,

You need to enter your name as stated on your passport, because that’s what will (can) be checked on the trains. Please find purchase options for the Saver Day Pass here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/price.

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    15 October 2019 at 20:41:36 #923685

Arno,

I defer to your experience and expertise but regarding the HFC and name matching on the passport. I was asked to see my HFC a few times and never did they also ask to see my passport. So that’s not saying they never would as for the passport but they appeared to just want to make sure I had the card.

Arno
    15471 posts
    16 October 2019 at 5:35:13 #923686

Hi Pkerr,

That’s indeed what happens 95% of the time. We’ve had our passport checked though, on multiple occasions. Usually on trains and not other modes of transport.

• The thread ‘Exact match Swiss ticket name and passport name?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.