Exchange Glacier Express for half day in Lucern

Exchange Glacier Express for half day in Lucern

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Lucasss1986
Lucasss1986
5 posts
Jul 4, 2017 - 11:23 PM

Hi Moderators!!

im planning to spend 2 or 3 nights in Zermatt and 2 or 3 nights in Lucern!

Im in doubt between stay the third night in Zermatt - to take the glacier express to Andermatt and then go to Luzern , arriving there around 2pm or going directly to luzern by the end of the previous day. The first option I would take 3 hoursof the panoramic train and would stay 2 days and a half in Lucern. The second one i would stay 3 completedays in Lucern. What would you recommend?I would appreciate some suggestions

importants info: in Lucern, I would like tô visit Pilatus, Rigi, boat ride around the city and the transport museum .Do i get to do all these things in 2,5 days in a unhurried way?

I have the Swiss Travel Pass!

thanks

Lucas

Lucas
Lucas
7127 posts
expert &
Jul 5, 2017 - 10:19 AM in reply to Lucasss1986

Hi Lucas,

Yes, those activities can be done in Luzern in 2,5 days - click here to read more about those activities in Luzern.

As for taking the Glacier Express to Andermatt or not...that is a tougher decision. You can take a regular train or the Glacier Express to Visp and then transfer on to Luzern. But if you want to experience a bit more time on the Glacier Express you can stay on until Andermatt - I think I would go straight to Zermatt on a regional train I think.

Lucas

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018