Exchanging Euros to Swiss Francs in Interlaken

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 14:50:11 #816408

Good day!!! We are arriving in Interlaken on june 13th, around 6pm. However, we only have Euros with us. Any suggestions on where we can exchange currencies in Interlaken since we plan on buying the swiss travel pass right away the next day (super early).

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 19:08:11 #887186

Hi kwonyuri608,

I would suggest simply buying the Swiss Travel Pass online now and printing it out before arriving in Switzerland. You’ll not have to worry about office opening hours and you’ll have an electronic backup in case you lose it.

Have a look at the online retailers here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price

Also, normally when need the local currency somewhere I withdraw it from an ATM.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2018 at 23:55:19 #887187

>> We are arriving in Interlaken on june 13th, around 6pm. However, we only have Euros with us.

Why not exchange some of your Euros for Swiss francs before you leave for Interlaken? Arriving in a country at a relatively small rural station late in the day with no local currency doesn’t sound like a very good idea to me.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 3:31:57 #887188

Good day Lucas! we will be coming from the Asia and we’ll be arriving Schipol at 7pm on June 12th. We’re leaving for Interlaken at 6am in the morning the next day (and arriving at Interlaken 6:00pm). My mom prefers us not buying the swiss travel pass online since she wants flexibility and she’s scared that we might not reach switzerland on the day of the activation hence resulting to a wasted day of the pass. She wants us to get there first before we buy it. I’ve heard that they have the passes on different train stations. But what time do they usually open? We’re willing to buy it at a train station and have no problem in qeueing since we’re planning to go to the station really early in the morning. Thank you!

Arno
    15482 posts
    4 June 2018 at 6:37:09 #887189

Hi kwonyuri608,

Perhaps you’ve already considered this, but if you’re traveling from The Netherlands to Switzerland you only need a ticket to Basel, the border. From there the Swiss Travel Pass will cover your trip to Interlaken. You can buy the pass either in Basel or Interlaken during opening hours. They will take Euro’s but that’s relatively expensive as it’s a foreign currency in Switzerland, so exchange rates will not be in your favor. Buying online is easier and slightly cheaper, but it’s no problem to buy at the station if that’s what you prefer.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 8:08:57 #887190

Hi @Arno 🙂 yes my mom really prefers to buy it on the train station itself, as she’s kind of paranoid. What time do stations usually open? I’ve heard you can buy it in either Interlaken OST or interlaken west but im not quite sure what time they’ll be available. Thanks 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 11:16:33 #887191

Interlaken Ost opens 0600-1930 everyday

See station information here: https://www.sbb.ch/en/ station-services/railway-stations/further-stations.html

• The thread ‘Exchanging Euros to Swiss Francs in Interlaken’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.