Swiss Travel Pass vs Saver tickets & itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 April 2018 at 18:12:26 #815407

Greetings to all Mates & Friends !!

My name is Abhishek Jain (Age 31) and I am traveling to Switzerland with my wife from 27.05.2018 till 02.06.2018. I Would like your help and advices to plan my travel so I Could see most of this beautiful country. Our traveling base will be Lucerne as we will stay from 27th till 1st , then we will spend a night in Zurich. Since I have time I Can also plan for purchasing super saver tickets. I am confused to buy supersaver tickets or a 3-4 day swiss pass. The rough Itinerary decided by me and my wife is as follows:-

1) Day 0 27.05.2018 Basel to Lucerne on 27th via Train reaching lucerne at 16.30 – Evening at Lucerne (What to do ?)

2) Day 1 28.05.2018 Lucerne to Jungfraujoch via Train / cable car and if possible also Schilthorn on the same day. (Which one to go first ? and how much will it cost in supersaver). Then Back to Lucerne.

3) Day 2 29.05.2018 Lucerne to Mt Titlis and If possible Mt Pilatus / Rigi on the same Day. Then Back to Lucerne

4) Day 3 30.05.2018 Lucerne to Stanserhorn (What can be combined with this excursion?). Then Back to Lucerne.

5) Day 4 31.05.2018 Lucerne to Gelmer funicular (How can this be done??). Then back to Lucerne.

6) Day 5 01.06.2018 Lucerne to Zurich ( Rhine Falls) Hotel base changed to Zurich.

7) Day 6 02.06.2018 Zurich City tour and back at night.

Your advice can make my travel better.

Thank you 🙂

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 7:03:59 #882612

Hi Abhishek and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Have a read through our information on SuperSaver tickets here. As I noted on your Facebook post, they may not be what you are looking for.

Be sure to read here about how to choose the best rail pass.

1. What to do in Lucerne is listed here
    2. No Supersaver’s for mountain trips. You can find costs using the timetable here, double the price you first see to get the regular fare (the Swiss Half Fare Card price is always listed first).
    3. Use the timetable above to see travel times between mountains and towns.

I hope that helps get your planning started. The itinerary looks pretty good, but sometimes 2 mountains in one day is a little hectic – especially bigger ones like Schilthorn and Jungfraujoch.

Let us know if you have more questions

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 April 2018 at 7:09:32 #882613

You may be better combining Titlis with Stanserhorn which you can cover after Titlis without returning first to Lucerne.

Then decide whether you want to combine Pilatus and Rigi on the next day.

Combining Jungfraujoch AND Schilthorn plus a round trip from Lucerne and back is going to be a big day out!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 3:05:03 #882614

>> 31.05.2018 Lucerne to Gelmer funicular (How can this be done??). Then back to Lucerne.

The most direct way of getting there from Luzern is to get a train to Meiringen, then a bus to the stop called Handegg, Gelmerbahn.

However, although the Gelmerbahn operates from 26 May, the bus service to get you to the Gelmerbahn valley station doesn’t seem to operate until 9 June 2018.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 April 2018 at 16:18:02 #882615

First of all A Big Thank you to Lucas , rockoyster and Alpenrose666. You guys are doing exceptionally wonders to people like us who wanna make most out of our journey.

I`ve gone through my Itinerary again and shortened it up. As per my Itinerary I Still have time to purchase Supersaver Tickets as well as Half fare Swiss pass. As discussed with my wife Now we are planing Titlis, Monterux, Pilatus, Rigi, Rhine falls, Zurich City & Lucerne City. Is there anything what you guys can advice we can go ?? Basel to Lucerne, Lucerne to Interlaken and back, Lucerne to montreux and back, lucerne to Zurich We`ll purchase supersaver rest will be on site only with half fare pass. Is there any other way we can make our travel cheaper?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 April 2018 at 7:21:17 #882616

Hi Abby,

It isn’t quite clear on your question. Are you set now on your itinerary? Do you want information on what to do in those towns? You can find details on what to do for most Swiss towns here.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass vs Saver tickets & itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.