Expenses of activities on top of Jungfrau

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2019 at 13:51:00 #822568

Hi,

From the Jungfrau section..https://www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch

It shows what activities are there to enjoy but can someone please advise which ones are suitable with kids (7 and 11 years old) and what are the prices of different activities?

Thanks

AShish

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    30 June 2019 at 17:14:20 #916516

HI AShish

Great that you want to go to Jungfraujoch! It will be an experience all of you will remember!

Jungfraujoch is at a high elevation, with thin air. Nothing to worry about, but you may find yourselves not very energetic up there and in need of a rest. It is a good idea to plan to spend about two hours on the top. First, sit down and, depending on the time of the day, have lunch or just a cup of tea. Indeed there are many activities, but you ma comfortably just do those that are free: visit the open-air platform, admire the mountains, enjoy the fresh air (let’s hope the weather will be good!); visit also the Ice Palace. I think these two things are free, although I am not 100% sure, other participants might cross check.

Be aware that everything is more expensive compared to what it costs down in the valley, so don’t buy watches or chocolate there. Bring warm clothes. Have your kids skip the “make your own chocolate” part, it may require waiting, and is not really typical of Switzerland.

Enjoy yourselves!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 June 2019 at 17:47:42 #916517

My wife and I just went there. Some told us not to visit because of the crowds, but I’m glad we went anyway. There was several things to see and do. It was definitely crowded and annoying, but it was worth it. The kid activities would be the sledding, zip line and the ice exhibit. Not sure how much the sledding and zip line cost, probably around the 20-30 francs price range, but the ice exhibit was free.

I know it cost a lot to take the train ride up, but we did the half fare card and it was worth it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 July 2019 at 4:01:47 #916518

Hi AShish,

You will find a link to the in the prices of the Snow Fun on the Jungfraujoch at the bottom of the page you mention in the section “More on other” websites.
    http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch

Best,
    Steph

• The thread ‘Expenses of activities on top of Jungfrau’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.