Looking for 1 day rail pass options Switzerland

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
fpatni
fpatni
3 posts
Jun 20, 2018 - 2:58 AM

Hi.

We my husband and myself are planninga a 8 days swiss travel pass for our 9 days travel in swiss.

Arrival at Zurich. 3 days stay at luzern and 5 days at wengen..9th day in geneva and evening train to paris..Just not sure how to travel that one day that is not covered by the pass. Need your help for one day pass.

Thanks

Lucas
Lucas
9630 posts
expert &
Jun 20, 2018 - 2:22 PM in reply to fpatni

Hi fpatni and welcome to MySwissAlps!

For 1 day take a look at the Saver Day Pass explained here: www.myswissalps.com/on edaytravelpass/details.

It has very similar coverage to the Swiss Travel Pass - bought here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ price except the coverage to mountain tops isn't as good (which is probably fine).

Last modified on Nov 8, 2018 - 2:21 PM by Arno
Arno
Arno
11365 posts
expert &
Jun 20, 2018 - 5:50 PM

Hello Fpatni,

If you stay within the city of Geneva on day 9 you will get free traveling from your hotel: www.myswissalps.com/ge neva/travel. If you plan for a longer day trip then a point to point ticket or the Saver Day Pass is a better option.

For the trip to Paris please see here: www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france

fpatni
fpatni
3 posts
Jun 22, 2018 - 5:36 AM in reply to Arno

Thank you so much for your help. This forum helped to plan my trip so well.

fpatni
fpatni
3 posts
Jun 22, 2018 - 5:36 AM in reply to Lucas

Thank you so much .

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018