Extra travel days on Swiss Travel Pass promotion

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 May 2018 at 14:28:08 #885297

Hi Sam,

It is available to residents of quite a few countries but not India at this time.

You can check here for any promotions for any country: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass/ promotions

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2018 at 20:40:51 #885298

Hi,

Can this be printed at home or will it be physically delivered?

Thanks

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2018 at 5:49:34 #885299

Swiss Travel Passes can be emailed to you. The Swiss Travel Pass Flex is always shipped by physical mail (at this time).

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    5 June 2018 at 22:44:43 #885300

Lucas, have you got any idea when the flex will become printable? Sounds like you might have an inside scoop of some sort 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2018 at 6:14:24 #885301

We’ve heard it is a work in progress and perhaps by the end of 2018 for next season. But these things get delayed of course! It will be great when it happens.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 13:49:27 #885302

I tried booking through the website and although it says “print at Home’ option is available, this is not the case. It has an option of pick up from the office in UAE, Deira office only or mail delivery options. I am travelling on 14th June, any other options how I can get an eticket with the promotion?

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 June 2018 at 14:14:17 #885303

Welcome to MySwissAlps Hak!

I just tried if print at home is available for the promotion pass (5 days continuous), via http://www.raileurope-gcc.com/pass/swiss-travel-pass-82, and it is. Can you please double check if you selected the correct pass? There are no other websites where you can purchase this.

I did hear about an issue in the confirmation e-mail after payment, where they wrote you should collect it in their office. But that’s incorrect, they can e-mail it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 15:14:57 #885304

Hak,

I went through the entire process and received the pass through email – so there is no problem with that. Just ignore the ‘collect from office’ bit; I think it is a default setting. I realised this after making the payment. I immediately mailed RailEurope, sought advice here and called up the Dubai office to clarify. They checked and said everything is okay. I received the pass later that day. Hope this helps. If you still have a doubt, call the Dubai office of the GCC supplier first.

Regards,

Sumit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 15:18:52 #885305

Hi,

There are two problems with the confirmation mail – 1. The collect from Dubai office option is very confusing and misleading

2. The mail says this is not a valid travel document but does not specify that the actual pass will be mailed in 2-3 business days.

You may take this up with them.

Regards,

Sumit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 15:26:52 #885306

Many thanks Arno and Sumit. Appreciate your prompt replies.

I shall try again. Tried calling Dubai office but no response. In my case, I could not get to the payments page as it did not allow me to proceed past the shipping options page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 15:35:27 #885307

Hi,

It happened to me too. Try booking from your phone and avoid using Chrome. I found this out many experiments with the laptop, PC, Chrome, Firefox etc. Finally it worked from the phone.

Dubai office is likely to be closed today bcos it is a Friday. Still, you can try later this evening or tomoro morning.

Regards,

Sumit

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 15:55:21 #885308

Thank you again, Sumit. Yes, it works on mobile however, again it has no print at home option. This is where you have mentioned to ignore or leave it as is (office collection) and proceed all the way? You then got the tickets emailed to you? Did it happen automatically?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 19:35:46 #885309

Hi,

I did not see any any print at home option and went straight to payment page. The confirmation mail said collect from shop but i later got it thru email. But if u want to be 100% sure then call their ofc during the booking process to clarify any doubt.

Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2018 at 22:45:40 #885310

Thank you Sumit. Much appreciated.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 12:28:40 #885311

Hi,

I am from India and I just booked 4 days continuous Swiss Travel pass through Eur Rail website. From India, they do not have extra day scheme but some concession. While booking the tickets, the option automatically came as “Print from Home”. After booking, within 24hrs, I got the mail confirming my booking from Euro rail and printable pass in pdf form, which could easily be printed out, though in A4 size ( not to be altered ).

Hope my experience will clear some facts. We are to carry this pass in same size, though cutting of advertisement at base of page is allowed. I did not see any sense in laminating such a huge paper, rather keeping an extra copy made more sense, plus in digital format on my mobile and e-mail.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 12:40:51 #885312

Thanks for taking the time to let us know those details bsrastogi72.

Cheers!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2018 at 13:16:41 #885313

Hi Rastogi,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I booked on 9 June and although I got confirmation email. I am yet to get the email containing printable passes. Hope it arrives soon.

Regards,

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2018 at 16:28:32 #885314

Just to let everyone know, I finall received the email with the swiss pass pdf’s. Also, the family card was not included, was told by Dubai office to collect this from any station in Switzerland. Overall, not been a pleasant experience with Rail Europe. They would need to improve their customer experience.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2018 at 17:25:01 #885315

Hak:

Hi,

Good that you received the passes. Same thing happened to me, got the passes in mail but not the family card. The Dubai office said I had opted for physical delivery but not paid the charges!!! That was quite odd (ridiculous, frankly) as how can the same booking have different delivery/retrieval options ? I mean itbeats logic and common sense to send these two things separately. And, even if such a funny system existed, it was never specified in clear terms.

Hopefully there will not be any problem while collecting the family card.

I opted for Rail Europe only because of the special offer – otherwise I would have taken it from the SBB website.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 June 2018 at 17:56:03 #885316

I totally agree with you and have mentioned this explicitly to the concerned staff. Regarding family pass, have read on SBB website itself, there should be no issues to get it in Swiss, fingers crossed. Have a nice holiday! Wish you all the best!

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • The thread ‘Extra travel days on Swiss Travel Pass promotion’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.