Family of 6 trip: Geneva-Bernese Oberland-Ticino

• CharlieW6
    Participant
    1 post
    13 April 2023 at 11:14:50 #829559

Hello! My husband and I will be traveling to Switzerland with our 4 girls (ages 5-13) for 9 days. I hope to buy the Swiss family pass for our travels. I am hoping that my beginning stages of planning are reasonable but would love any insight or advice.

Day 1: Land in Geneva and stay in hotel near airport (arrival 10pm)

Day 2: travel by train to explore Chateau Chillon for the day. Travel by trail to Murren to begin our stay in Murren for 5 nights/6 days. While in Murren our top activities we hope to do include…hike Stein Glacier, visit Bern, visit Lucern, Visit Murten, Staubbach Falls, Allmendhubel Flower Park, hiking.

Day 6: check out from our accomodations in Murren and head to Locarno via train (I am not sure what the best route to take would be for this leg of the trip. We are not opposed to the local train routes.

Day 6-8: Enjoy the Ticino region

Day 8: Travel by train to Italy. Thinking either Florence or Venice? What train route would be recommended for this travel.

Thank you in advance!

• The thread ‘Family of 6 trip: Geneva-Bernese Oberland-Ticino’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.