Family Pass vs Junior Travel Card for children

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 May 2017 at 15:40:11 #811908

We will be staying in Wengen July 22 through July 26 and then traveling to Zurich via train. While in Wengen, we plan on doing the Jungfraujoch and possibly Schilthorn as well as traveling around the surrounding areas. I’ve done the math and it seems to make sense for my husband, me and our 17 year old son to get the 1/2 Fare Card. I believe that means I can get a Swiss Family Pass to cover my 12 and 15 year old children correct? Assuming that is correct, is that all I need for them or should I the 12 and 15 year old each a junior travel card for 30 chf as well?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    20 May 2017 at 16:38:57 #863628

Hi debsinkula, thanks for joining MySwissAlps!

Yes, your assumptions are correct. With the Swiss Half Fare Card you can obtain the free Swiss Family Card that allows your 12 and 15 year old children to travel along for free on all routes. There’s no need for additional Junior Travelcards.

You can order both your Swiss Half Fare Card and the Swiss Family Card through the resellers listed at myswissalps.com/swissh alffarecard/price.

• The thread ‘Family Pass vs Junior Travel Card for children’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.