About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Family (with young kid) friendly Swiss towns?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Family (with young kid) friendly Swiss towns?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Lijianhughes
Lijianhughes
34 posts
Jan 12, 2022 - 6:16 AM

Hoping to go back to Swiss Alps in upcoming end-June/early-July period. This will be our 3rd trip but 1st time with a 20 months baby. In the past trips we've visited most of famous and popular spots, most of which we absolutely loved and would most love to go back again this time, but in the mean time I'm also looking for hidden gems where my family can spend lovely and peaceful days and nights.

The main aim of this end-Spring trip is to enjoy the beautiful views of alpine flowers in their blossom seasons and hopefully hike some easier and shorter (less than 4 hours) trails with the baby before the trails get crowded in the real summer season.

I've done some studies on this forum as well as the official sites about 2 regions - Saas-Fee and Graubünden, both looks very promising but would love to hear some experiences and advices on things like towns to base in, hotels to stay and trails not to miss for both regions. Thanks in advance!

Last modified on Jan 12, 2022 - 6:17 AM by Lijianhughes
Lijianhughes
Lijianhughes
34 posts
Jan 12, 2022 - 8:07 AM

And now I just came across the town of Sils Maria! Looks like a great family fun spot too. Just so many options out there in the Swiss Alps isn't it?

Ildiko
Ildiko
1412 posts
top member &
Jan 12, 2022 - 9:05 AM in reply to Lijianhughes

Hi Lijianhughes,

that is great that you are coming back to Switzerland with your baby! :)

I would say that most of the towns are family and baby friendly. What you should consider, that under 2 years old high altitude is not recommended, before visiting areas over 2000-2500 m, you'd better consult your doctor. See more practical information on this page under "Preparation": www.myswissalps.com/jungfraujoch. Also for the baby it would be advantageous to use a baby carrier instead of a baby buggy for the hikes.

And good to know, that you do not need any rail pass for your baby, as children under 6 travel for free everywhere.

I would also recommend Leukerbad for you, if you like wellness. Their bigger thermal bath has a great children pool. Have a look at www.leukerbad.ch/therme (only in German or French but you can use Google Translator).

Yes, Graubünden is amazing too: www.myswissalps.com/graubunden.

Regards,

Ildiko

Last modified on Jan 12, 2022 - 9:07 AM by Ildiko
Lijianhughes
Lijianhughes
34 posts
Jan 12, 2022 - 9:21 AM in reply to Ildiko

IIdiko, thank you for the recommendation. Leukerbad is now on top of my list!

I'll keep an eye on the hiking maps to make sure we stay under 2km altitude as much as we can, thanks for the reminder!

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022