Switzerland train fares are not listed

Switzerland train fares are not listed

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Debra
Debra
153 posts
Feb 18, 2017 - 8:20 PM

i am trying to figure out which pass if any will make sense, following the advice I am trying to enter routes but it takes me to buy now then enter traveler information without any cost listed. How can I find out how much a route costs?

Lucas
Lucas
8906 posts
expert &
Feb 19, 2017 - 8:57 AM in reply to Debra

Hi Debra,

Once you enter your destinations on the SBB timetable it should list the available connections and have a price posted above the fare/buy button. Once you click next it asks for name details and dob and then to add on any pass reduction you may have to give you a final price.

I just did it myself and it works properly - let me know if you continue to have troubles.

Regards,
Lucas

Debra
Debra
153 posts
Feb 19, 2017 - 3:33 PM

I saw another post where the fares aren't posted more than 3 months out and I was entering July dates so I guess that's what was wrong. Because nothing was listed above the date/but button.

Lucas
Lucas
8906 posts
expert &
Feb 19, 2017 - 3:49 PM in reply to Debra

Hi Debra,

That is strange as they are set and listed on the SBB timetable when I search for any date this summer.
For example, I searched Bern to Zurich on October 10, 2017 and got an immediate price 25.50chf....

What date and route are you looking for?

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018