Switzerland train fares are not listed

• Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    18 February 2017 at 20:20:27 #810846

i am trying to figure out which pass if any will make sense, following the advice I am trying to enter routes but it takes me to buy now then enter traveler information without any cost listed. How can I find out how much a route costs?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2017 at 8:57:50 #859126

Hi Debra,

Once you enter your destinations on the SBB timetable it should list the available connections and have a price posted above the fare/buy button. Once you click next it asks for name details and dob and then to add on any pass reduction you may have to give you a final price.

I just did it myself and it works properly – let me know if you continue to have troubles.

Regards,
    Lucas

Debra
    Participant
    156 posts
    19 February 2017 at 15:33:58 #859127

I saw another post where the fares aren’t posted more than 3 months out and I was entering July dates so I guess that’s what was wrong. Because nothing was listed above the date/but button.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2017 at 15:49:32 #859128

Hi Debra,

That is strange as they are set and listed on the SBB timetable when I search for any date this summer.
    For example, I searched Bern to Zurich on October 10, 2017 and got an immediate price 25.50chf….

What date and route are you looking for?

Lucas

• The thread ‘Switzerland train fares are not listed’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.