Farm accommodation and cheese factory St. Gallen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2018 at 7:59:02 #814886

Hi 🙂

On August I’ll be traveing with my family to Berno and Valais for vacation.

On the way we would like to take a one night stop ( kind of transit accomodation); maybe in area of Sank Gallen ?

I thout about visiting a cheese factory . I’ve read a little about Appenzeller.

Would be great if I could get any suggestions from you .

My dauther is a horse lover ( Haflingers most of all) , so it would be nice to have a night maybe in farm house ( next to the stable).

Warm greetings, Aneta

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 March 2018 at 16:05:42 #879373

Hi Yenepher and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, the Appenzell region is a good place to look into this. I don’t have much experience with farm accommodation but there is a farm stay website that could be of help for you: https://www.myfarm.ch/ en

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2018 at 8:16:16 #879374

🙂 Thank you so much for you reply Lucas.

I’m still considering what is the most intresting place (also for 12 years old child): Emmental, Gruyère or Appenzell ….

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2018 at 9:31:50 #879375

I have a feeling they would all be nice…but I haven’t been 12 in awhile! Appenzell area I think has more alternative things to do.

• The thread ‘Farm accommodation and cheese factory St. Gallen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.