Jan 4, 2017 - 2:51 AM
My last post was closed so I am making another one, sorry for the spam.
Been debating/researching the last few weeks on how I should use my 4 days wisely in Switzerland. Does this itinerary seem feasible? Although I would like to stay in the Jungfrau area, I figured this itinerary was best because of the uncertain weather.
- Arrive at Zurich Airport in the early AM
- Train to Bern
- Leave our bags at the hotel, have breakfast/lunch
- Train to Montreux
- Explore the old town/castle
- Dinner in Montreux
- Train back to Bern
Feb 19 (Any alternatives if this day is cloudy are welcome)
- Wake up early, train/tram from Bern to Murren
- Murren -> Schilthorn
- Explore a few small mountaintop villages on the way down
- Train to Bern and Dinner in Bern
- Travel to Jungfrau/Schilthorn if clear and day 2 does not work out as planned)
- Wake up early, train to Lucerne and leave bags
- Ferry/Tram/Train to Mt Rigi
- Open to any ideas for the afternoon.
- Dinner in Lucerne
- Mt Rigi in the morning if days 2 or 3 did not go as planned and weather clear)
- Explore Lucerne then train back to Zurich Airport (Flight at 5pm)
- OR sleep in and train to Zurich HB, leave bags in locker and explore old town until flight
I definitely understand Schilthorn/Jungfrau/Mt Rigi area are weather dependent so I would switch my days around (prioritizing the Jungfrau region more) if need be except the first day in Bern and I would leave from Lucerne on the last day to make it to the airport.
I was thinking of getting the 4 day swiss travel pass or the 3 day and buy a ticket a la carte from Lucerne to Zurich Airport on the last day since I will not be doing much.
Appreciate the help in advance!
Last modified on Jan 4, 2017 - 11:00 AM by Lucas