Swiss Travel Pass for 3 nights Interlaken?

• emmalgoose
    Participant
    2 posts
    22 January 2018 at 15:26:35 #814113

Hello

Looking for a bit of helpful guidance. We are coming to Interlaken in February for 3 nights, Thursday to Sunday. There are two of us travelling. We have stayed in Interlaken before and feel it’s a good base for the trains and travelling. We also stayed in Grindelwald and from there we went to Jungfrau – top of the Europe and also went to First.

We fly into Basel at around 1100 and plan to get the train straight to Interlaken.

Day 1 (Thursday) – travelling and spending the afternoon/evening in Interlaken (any suggestions for what to do in Interlaken, where to eat?)

Day 2 (Friday) – day trip up to Schilthorn/Piz Gloria (any advice on which way to travel and at which of the various connections might be good places to explore a bit)

Day 3 (Saturday) – boat trip on Lake Thun, I gather at this time of year there are not many boat trips/cruises (any tips or suggestions of where to get off and visit) OR any other ideas gratefully received for things to do this day.

Day 4 (Sunday) – train back to Basel for a 1520 flight.

I have been trying to work out all the maths regarding train/travelling fares and I think it would probably make sense for us to get a Swiss travel pass for the duration (4 days). Am I right in thinking this should cover all our trains, cable cars (upto to Piz Gloria) and boats?

Many thanks, look forward to some helpful suggestions.

Emma

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass for 3 nights Interlaken?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.