Swiss Travel Pass for 3 nights Interlaken?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
emmalgoose
emmalgoose
2 posts
Jan 22, 2018 - 3:26 PM

Hello

Looking for a bit of helpful guidance. We are coming to Interlaken in February for 3 nights, Thursday to Sunday. There are two of us travelling. We have stayed in Interlaken before and feel it's a good base for the trains and travelling. We also stayed in Grindelwald and from there we went to Jungfrau - top of the Europe and also went to First.

We fly into Basel at around 1100 and plan to get the train straight to Interlaken.

Day 1 (Thursday) - travelling and spending the afternoon/evening in Interlaken (any suggestions for what to do in Interlaken, where to eat?)

Day 2 (Friday) - day trip up to Schilthorn/Piz Gloria (any advice on which way to travel and at which of the various connections might be good places to explore a bit)

Day 3 (Saturday) - boat trip on Lake Thun, I gather at this time of year there are not many boat trips/cruises (any tips or suggestions of where to get off and visit) OR any other ideas gratefully received for things to do this day.

Day 4 (Sunday) - train back to Basel for a 1520 flight.

I have been trying to work out all the maths regarding train/travelling fares and I think it would probably make sense for us to get a Swiss travel pass for the duration (4 days). Am I right in thinking this should cover all our trains, cable cars (upto to Piz Gloria) and boats?

Many thanks, look forward to some helpful suggestions.

Emma

Chantal
Chantal
944 posts
top member
Jan 22, 2018 - 5:26 PM in reply to emmalgoose

Hi Emma, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

Day 1: here's a restaurant tip from one of our forum visitors.

Day 2: read here how to travel to Schilthorn.

Day 3: there's only one boat, leaving Interlaken at 14.10. For more information see the Swiss timetable.

For more activities around Interlaken, visit: www.myswissalps.com/in terlaken/activities. The Swiss Travel Pass covers your trains, boat trip and cable car to Schilthorn.

emmalgoose
emmalgoose
2 posts
Jan 23, 2018 - 9:37 AM in reply to Chantal

Thankyou for the info :-)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018