Feedback 4 days in Jungfrau region in March

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Mar 4, 2018 - 6:39 PM

I would love your feedback on our Itinerary for our first visit (quick) to Switzerland in March:

- Land in Geneva at 10:00 am March 26th

- Take 11:30 train to Grindelwald; arrive in Grindelwald at 3:08. Sightsee Grindelwald for balance of the day

March 27 - First train (7:17am) to Jungfraujoch

- Come down via Lauterbrunnen and visit Wengen, Murren and Turmmelbach Waterfalls then back to Grindelwald

March 28 - Visit Grindelwald (First) to sledge, cliff walk, first flyer, and first glider

March 28 - late afternoon or evening train to Interlaken. Spend the night in Interlaken

March 29 - 9:08 am Interlaken Ost to Montreaux on Golden Pass Line

- Go on from Montreaux to Geneva airport

I know it is a whirlwind quick trip but we would like to see as much as we can as well as experience the country a little.

Any feedback is welcomed!

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
5516 posts
expert
Mar 4, 2018 - 7:01 PM in reply to Removed user

Hi Mooretravel -

Please be aware that late March is still pretty much Winter in the Alps. As such, some mountain transport is not available, although your choices will be.

Not sure, but I suspect the Trummelbach Falls will not be available to visit:

www.myswitzerland.com/ en-us/truemmelbach-falls-water-in-a-corset-of-stone.html

In Grindelwald, shopping is better than sightseeing. For sightseeing, I'd pick Wengen or Mürren, although there are quite a few strongly held views either way on this point. ;-)

I was concerned that the First Flyer would not be avaialable, but it opened today for the season:

www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/fi rst-flyer/

Slowpoke

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019