Ferry to Yvoire from Nyon with Swiss Travel Pass

• Avic7
    Participant
    4 posts
    27 January 2019 at 7:50:40 #819635

Hi Moderators,

I wanted to travel to Yvoire from Nyon by the CGN ferry service for a day tour. I’ve bought a 3 day swiss rail pass. Could you suggest things to do to make best use of this trip. Also, would I be eligible for any discount using the CGN ferry service as an extension of travel pass benefits. look forward to your prompt response as always. Thanks a lot

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 January 2019 at 16:19:18 #902940

Hi Avic7,

We don’t have any activity suggestions for towns in France here unfortunately. Perhaps some members from the Geneva area have been there though and have ideas. General Lake Geneva activities are found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/so uthwestswitzerland

The Swiss Travel Pass does offer free rides on Lake Geneva. You can see the route coverage on the PDF map here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2019 at 0:40:50 #902941

Sorry, you’ll have to do your own web searching regarding Yvoire – as it is in France so outside the scope of this forum. As far as I know it’s a pleasant place, otherwise the lake boats wouldn’t serve it as frequently as they do.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 January 2019 at 0:43:36 #902942

Strictly speaking the synoptic map doesn’t show Yvoire. Validity is implied but not definite. The Synoptic map is not clear in regards to the Swiss lakes

Arno
    15482 posts
    28 January 2019 at 7:39:08 #902943

That’s true, the maps do not show each town with a boat dock. Yvoire is fine though. All of Lake Geneva is included, i.e. all boats operated by CGN are included.

• The thread ‘Ferry to Yvoire from Nyon with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.