See Zurich in a few hours before our flight

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 May 2018 at 3:27:30 #816128

We are a family of four. We are staying in wengen and flying out from Zurich. Our flight is in the night so if we leave wengen by 9 we do get 3-4 hours in Zurich

1. Please suggest where can I leave my luggage? Airport or the station? How do I go about dropping my luggage? Is there a special desk?

2. What is the best way to see Zurich in these 3-4 hours? I have read about a city tour by tram /bus. What are it’s timings and from can I board them?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    21 May 2018 at 13:18:51 #885927

Hello Skaushik,

1. You can leave your luggage at Zurich’s main rail station (Zurich HB) before heading to the airport. There are large lockers available as well as a manned luggage desk. More information is available at the SBB website.

2. Our Zurich page offers suggestions on what to see and do. Even in 3-4 hours you can explore some interesting areas simply by foot. If you’re interested in a guided city tour, you’ll find some options at myswissalps.com/zurich /activities.

• The thread ‘See Zurich in a few hours before our flight’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.