9 days for Titlis, Rigi, Jungfrau, Schilthorn&more

• SIVA
    Participant
    41 posts
    29 March 2018 at 8:55:30 #815026

Greetings from Dubai!

After going through this website for quite sometime and with all your valuable inputs from my previous posts, I finalised my trip. Thanks a lot!!

We ( myself, wife and 2 YO kid) prefer relaxed travel focusing on sight seeing with little hiking.

Travelling dates 13 to 21, April 18.

Luzern 3n and Wengen 5n. I’m aware of the fact that many mountain transports would be closed and its shoulder season during April.

Day 1 Dubai to Zurich. Arrival by noon, take train to luzern. Local sight later in the evening.

Day 2 Mt.Titlis (if weather permitting ) or local city tour

Day 3 Mt.Rigi

Day 4 Check out, visit stanserhorn and take train to Wengen.

Day 5 Jungfrau based on weather or day trip to Bern

Day 6. Schilthorn. Planning to do Murren – Grütschalp hike while returning. Visit lauterbrunnen later in the evening.

Day 7. Full length goldenpass route to Montreux, visit chillon castle( guess it wil be closed,but worth visiting from outside?) and back to Wengen.

Day 8. Lake Thun cruise with castle or lake brienz with Giessbach falls. Need your suggestion. Again its personal preference but need expert’s choice.

Day 9 check out to Zurich. My flight is at 10.30 pm. Anything to visit in Zurich till we wait for our transfer to airport,other than Rhine falls.

I have purchased 8 days STP starting from 2nd day of my travel.

Booked accommodation -HitRental apartments in luzern and chalet Bluemewag in Wengen.

Kindly advice me for anything which can be included or excluded in my plan.

Excited about the trip.

Siva

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 20:38:01 #880267

Hi Siva,

Looks nice from here!

Day 7: Chillon castle is open so no worries there.

Day 8: I would lean to Lake Thun and Thun castle I think.

I don’t think there is much to add to most days – perhaps you will have some time on Day 3 before or after Rigi. This is probably best spend exploring Lucerne if anything I think.

SIVA
    Participant
    41 posts
    30 March 2018 at 5:12:45 #880268

Hi Lucas,

Thanks a lot for your reply. Any suggestion for Zurich day out?

Siva

SIVA
    Participant
    41 posts
    30 March 2018 at 5:15:36 #880269

Dear Moderators,

Is there anyway i can share my email id to fellow traveler http://www.myswissalps.com/us er/prashant74?

Thanks

Siva

Arno
    15481 posts
    30 March 2018 at 7:10:20 #880270

Hi Siva,

There is no way for private communication within the forum currently, but I will send your e-mail to Prashant as requested. Note that you will get more feedback if you discuss your questions here in the forum.

Happy travels!

SIVA
    Participant
    41 posts
    30 March 2018 at 7:22:01 #880271

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your help.

I definitely agree we get loads of information on this forum than private messages.

Thanks again!

Siva

• The thread ‘9 days for Titlis, Rigi, Jungfrau, Schilthorn&more’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.