Cheapest ticket/pass for visiting Titlis

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sarashushan
Sarashushan
2 posts
Jun 21, 2018 - 7:55 PM

Hello. We are a family of a couple with 4 children ages 10, 8, 4 and a baby. We are planning to visit the titlis, including the 3 cable cars and the ice park. What would be the cheapest way to do it? I read about different discount cards and got lost... (basically it will be our only visit in swiss this time. Perhaps we will visit aera canyon also but I'm not sure if that make a difference)

Thank you so much!!

Sara.

Lucas
Lucas
9632 posts
expert &
Jun 22, 2018 - 6:51 AM in reply to Sarashushan

To know which rail pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted).

How long are you in Switzerland? Even if Titlis is your only mountain visit, are you taking trains or buses to other towns/destinations? Where are you staying? These points will all make a difference if a rail pass or just buying point to point tickets is cheaper for your vacation in Switzerland.

Annika
Annika
4993 posts
expert &
Jun 22, 2018 - 5:27 PM

Hi Sarashushan! In addition to the relevant questions Lucas asked you: you can find guidance on how to pick the right pass or ticket here: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Sarashushan
Sarashushan
2 posts
Jun 23, 2018 - 7:39 PM in reply to Lucas

Thank you! We will be travelling with motorhome so there will be no use in trains, hotels ect. Our only plans for switzerland are the titlis, reihn waterfalls and Aareschlucht. From what I read I see that for entering Aareschlucht or for the boat to the reihn there is no discount with the different card so the inly relevant place we will visit is the titlis. After calculation I think that without discount card it will be cheaper... Thank you very much!!

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018