Cheapest ticket/pass for visiting Titlis

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 19:55:03 #816805

Hello. We are a family of a couple with 4 children ages 10, 8, 4 and a baby. We are planning to visit the titlis, including the 3 cable cars and the ice park. What would be the cheapest way to do it? I read about different discount cards and got lost… (basically it will be our only visit in swiss this time. Perhaps we will visit aera canyon also but I’m not sure if that make a difference)

Thank you so much!!

Sara.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 6:51:56 #889037

To know which rail pass is the best for your specific itinerary you need to plan out all trips you will make (train, bus, boat, cable car) and compare the prices for regular tickets to the rail pass price (and which routes/mountains are free or discounted).

How long are you in Switzerland? Even if Titlis is your only mountain visit, are you taking trains or buses to other towns/destinations? Where are you staying? These points will all make a difference if a rail pass or just buying point to point tickets is cheaper for your vacation in Switzerland.

Annika
    7116 posts
    22 June 2018 at 17:27:59 #889038

Hi Sarashushan! In addition to the relevant questions Lucas asked you: you can find guidance on how to pick the right pass or ticket here: myswissalps.com/train/ ticketspasses/practica l/chooserailpass.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 June 2018 at 19:39:28 #889039

Thank you! We will be travelling with motorhome so there will be no use in trains, hotels ect. Our only plans for switzerland are the titlis, reihn waterfalls and Aareschlucht. From what I read I see that for entering Aareschlucht or for the boat to the reihn there is no discount with the different card so the inly relevant place we will visit is the titlis. After calculation I think that without discount card it will be cheaper… Thank you very much!!

• The thread ‘Cheapest ticket/pass for visiting Titlis’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.