Hi. I am back with few more questions on my itinerary.
We are family of 4 . 2 adults, 2 kids - age 11 and 8. Travelling to Switzerland in the May. We are going to purchase 15 dyas STP with family card.
21st May – 6:55 am land at Zurich catch train to Grindelwald from Zurich airport.
Reach Grindelwald by 12 pm.
22nd May – Grindelwald – start early morning for Schilthorn -Piz Gloria
Planning for circuit which is highly recommended on this forum. Lauterbrunnen - Grütschalp –Murren- Gimmelwald- Stechelberg- Lauterbrunnen circuit with Trummelbach Falls
Planning for easy walk while coming back from Stilthorn either from Stechelberg to Lauterbrunnen Or Panoramic walk from Mürren to Grütschalp
23rd May – Grindelwald – paragliding at First, trooti bike, First cliff walk, trek to Bachalpsee
24th May – Explore around Wengen, Thun and Interlaken
Start early morning . 1st half (hike from KS to Wengeralp. Hoping that the trail would be open at this time of the year)
2nd half (strolling along Interlaken's famous "Höheweg" promenade/ Oberhofen at Thun depends upon how much time we have in hand)
25th May – Train to Lucern by Golden pass route.
Reach Lucern by afternoon. Half a day chocolate factory tour.
26th May – Lucern - Mt. Titlis
27th May – train to Lugano through fastest route. Explore Lugano and Gandria.
28th May – Catch Bernina Express. Lugano- Tirano- Chur. Chur to Lucern by regular train. Over night at Lucern
29th May – Lucern -Mt. Rigi
30th May – Train to Zurich. Explore Zurich -old town
31st May – Flight back home at 11:20. am
Few questions based on above itinerary
1) Any recommendations how to spend 21st in and around Grindelwald? From the closures list provided on this forum, I came to know that cable car from Grindelwald-männlichen might be running on this day. If it is so, is it recommended? Any other recommendation for this day? Wanted to keepbackup plan in case of closure.Would highly appreciate suggestions.
2) Is 24th doable? Since it is a leisure trip, do not want to rush for the sake of tick mark on the list. If we have time to explore only one town after doing Wengen which one is more pretty – Interlaken or Thun?
3) During bad weather day is Ballenberg Open-Air Museum recommended during Grindelwald stay?
We are at Lugano on Sunday.Anything else recommended in Lugano? Is swimming in the lake good idea in the month of May ?
4) Walk from Gandria to Lugano – can someone give me inputs if it is worth doing
5) After reading reviews of Schloss Meggenhorn Near Lucerne quite tempted to visit. Is it possible to accommodate it after Titlis or Rigi day trip?