Fine tuning Switzerland itinerary of 7 days-Help!

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 8:51:38 #815025

Hi Helpful friends,

Me and my wife with 2 Children, (Age 6 & 8) Visiting Switzerland from 5th May till 12th May from Dubai.

Please check if my travel iterinery is fine and If it can be better.. please suggest. Since I love nature and mountains, please add to my iterinery places which I missed if any.

5 May – Arrive Morning in Zurich from Dubai. Take a train from Zurich Airport to Interlaken.

Overnight stay in Interlaken

6 May – Visit Murren, Jungfrau range, Brienzer Rothorn – Cogwheel steam railway. Return to Interlaken Hotel, overnight stay.

7 May – Visit Jungfraujoch, Wilderswil, Lauterbrunnen, Wengernalp Bahn, Wengen, Wengernalp, Grindelwald, Wilderswil. Return to Interlaken Hotel, overnight stay.

8 May – Morning, Check out from Interlaken Hotel. Board train to Lucern. Check in to hotel – Lucern

Explore Lucern rest of the day. Overnight stay at Lucerne hotel.

9 May – Excursion to Mt. Titlis. Engelberg, to visit Mt. Titlis. Overnight stay at Lucerne hotel.

10 May – Can you please suggest if Zermatt or Montreux or any other attraction possible in a day…

Overnight stay at Lucerne hotel.

11 May – Morning, Check out from Lucern Hotel. Board train to Zurich. Check in to hotel – Zurich

Visit Zurich chocolate factory and cheese factory. Rhine falls, trip to Black forest – Drubba

12 May – Morning, Check out from Lucerne Hotel. Leave for Paris by Train

All these places were suggested by my friends. and I have no idea how I will be travelling there, can you please suggest me Train or station names according to my each day plan?

What will be best option for travel? 8 days STP?

All help appreciated.

Thank you and best regards

Prashant

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

SIVA
    Participant
    41 posts
    29 March 2018 at 10:34:00 #880263

Hi Prashant,

I too have similar plans from Dubai but in April. I feel for your day trip to Montreux, it would be better from Interlaken rather than from luzern. Just a thought. Let the experts guide you better.

Wish you a happy travel!

Siva

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 10:57:36 #880264

Thank You Siva, Am sure you have done good research for your trip. Can I ask you about hotel and some other doubts in email?

SIVA
    Participant
    41 posts
    29 March 2018 at 11:09:27 #880265

Hi Prashanth,

I’m happy to share my email id but i guess it’s not allowed in this forum.

You can ask or share anything as long as it is concerned with Switzerland trip. In case if you need my email id then i think only moderators can help in sorting it out.

Siva

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 March 2018 at 15:58:01 #880266

Hi Prashant74,

Your itinerary is ok, but I’ll make a few points here to get you started!

May 6: the Brienzer Rothorn isn’t open yet. Have a look at this page for details on open or closed cable cars or cogwheel trains

May 10. Both towns are possible but it all depends on how much time you are ok with on a train. 🙂 Use the timetable to plan out trips and see if it works for you.

May 11: This is too much in one day for sure. Do you have plans for how to visit the Black Forest area?

You can enter towns or mountains into the timetable to see how long it takes you (and how many possible changes it may take).

Read about how to travel by train in Switzerland here & how to choose the best rail pass here.

• The thread ‘Fine tuning Switzerland itinerary of 7 days-Help!’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.