First day trip from Zurich to Pilatus/Titlis/Stans

First day trip from Zurich to Pilatus/Titlis/Stans

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Nimonika
Nimonika
9 posts
May 3, 2018 - 6:06 AM

We will arrive at Zurich airport at 9:30 am, next Monday. My first plan was to do Mt Titlis and Stanserhorn after going to Lucerne from Zurich and depositing our luggage at Lucerne train station. However now I am thinking if it would be better if I do just Mt Pilatus and Lucerne on that day instead and leave Titlis and Stanserhorn for the next day, making an early start.

I am worried we won't be able to spend enough time on both these mountains if we are going to reach Lucerne around 11:00 am. We have the Swiss travel pass. If the weather is good, is it still possible to have good views from the mountains between 14:00-16:00? Should/Can we do both Titlis and Stanserhorn on the first day?Please advise.

Thanks,

Monika

Lucas
Lucas
5542 posts
expert &
May 3, 2018 - 6:17 AM in reply to Nimonika

I don't think I'd do two mountains on your day of arrival no. Leave them for a free, full day.

If the weather is good then your views are good, regardless of the time you are on the mountain.

Sometimes it can get a little hazy on a hot day but it is never too bad. FYI Stanserhorn and Pilatus are quite close to each other and offer similar views (Pilatus views were better though I thought).

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018