First Glider – discount with Swiss Travel Pass?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6362 posts
    21 April 2023 at 8:25:41 #953636

Hi Aditya330,

With the Swiss Travel Pass, you can buy discounted cable car ticket to Grindelwald First. The pass does not provide any discounts on the adventure activities such as the First Glider, First Flyer, trottibike and mountain carts rides).

You can either purchase tickets for the adventure activities separately (no discounts with Swiss Travel Pass) or buy a combi ticket called the Adventure Package (you’ll get some discounts with the Swiss Travel Pass). The Adventure Package includes unlimited ride on the cable car + 1 or more adventure activities of your choice.

You can find more info about Grindelwald First here: http://www.myswissalps.com/grindelwaldfirst

Information about the Adventure Package can be found here: http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/adventure-package/

Hope this provides the information you’re looking for.

regards,

Anna

Aditya330
    Participant
    3 posts
    21 April 2023 at 8:36:33 #953637

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your reply! I see the Adventure Package is available only from May. I will be visiting in April, so I guess I have to book the First Glider ticket directly.

Also, any idea about the other website I mentioned?

It offers “With Swiss Pass (any 1 activity)” for 52 CHF. Does this offer include the Cable car from Grindelwald to First also or just one activity?

Regards,

Aditya

Anna
    6362 posts
    21 April 2023 at 9:22:57 #953638

Hi Aditya,

Yes, the excursion you mentioned includes free cable car ride to Grindelwald First + 1 adventure activity. The same offer can be purchased directly from the valley station and the official Grindelwald website (link in previous post). Currently only the First Glider and Trottibike ride are available.

Regards,

Anna

Aditya330
    Participant
    3 posts
    21 April 2023 at 9:32:36 #953639

Thanks a lot for your responses Anna!

• The thread ‘First Glider – discount with Swiss Travel Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.