Home  ▶  Get in touch  ▶  Forum  ▶  Switzerland for 12 days in late April to early May

Switzerland for 12 days in late April to early May

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
travelislife
travelislife
1 post
Dec 1, 2019 - 2:41 PM

Hello, I am planning for a trip to Switzerland with my wife in late April to early May for 12 days.

Here’s my tentative itinerary:

Day 1

arrive early in Zurich Airport (6:30AM), train to Geneva. Checkin to hotel then walk around Geneva.

Day 2

Anything else to do in Geneva?

Day 3

Day trip to Annecy

Day 4

Train to Wengen, checkin, look around Wengen

Day 5

Go up Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch?

Day 6

Transfer to Interlaken.

Can we still go up either Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch?

Day 7

Tour Interlaken

Day 8

Tour Bern

Day 9

What else can we do in Interlaken?

Day 10

Lucerne, then train to Zurich for the night

Day 11

Zurich

Day 12

Zurich

Day 13

Fly out.

We don’t do long hikes, we don’t know how to ski (we are from a tropical country). We like to try local foods, we like walking around the neighborhood in the cool weather, getting the feeling of being in a different country and culture.

We try to avoid frequent changes of hotels, so I think our 4 hotels in Geneva, Wengen, Interlaken and Zurich will be it.

Please comment on our itinerary. Thank you.

Suzanne
Suzanne
178 posts
active member &
Dec 1, 2019 - 7:30 PM

Hello Travelislife,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! How wonderful that you and your wife are coming to Switzerland. I will attach some links in correspondance to your travel days so you can get some inspiration on what activities that would interest you.

Day 1 and 2: I have a links about rail travel in Switzerland and the various rail passes because you didn't mention what type of train passes you have:

Here is a link with various activities in Switzerland that you could get inspiration from:

Geneva:

Day 3: Trip to Annecy. Details on how to purchase tickets from Switzerland to France are outlined below:

Day 4: Wengen

Day 5: Schilthorn or Jungfrau

I have attached a thread about the two places. Both are beautiful and it's a subjective question.

Day 6: Interlaken. You may decide whether you want to go to Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch.

Day 7: Interlaken

Day 8: Bern

Day 9: Interlaken. You can look into making your own Swiss chocolate in Interlaken.

Day 10: Lucerne. Consider having lunch at Scala, they have a huge terrace with a beautiful view of the lake and part of the city.

Day 11: Zurich

I hope this helps. Happy planning!

Best regards,

Suzanne

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019