First time to Switzerland …3-4 days Trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 August 2011 at 14:09:44 #804614

Hi,

I and my wife are planning to visit Switzerland by the end of Sept 11 or Oct 11, for 3 or 4 days. We would be coming from Stockholm, Sweden. The areas we intend to visit are surrounding Interlaken and other famed places. I want to do Jungfrau-Titlis-Matterhorn as would be convenient. I need advise in terms of planning my itinerary and accomodations since it would be our first trip to Switzerland. We are 30 years and enjoy outdoors as well as cultural things. I would want to see the scenic best of Switzerland that I have relished so much back home in bollywood movies of India. Could you please provide some help with itinerary as well as cheap accomodation options? Would it be a good choice if I book my stay in Zurich?

Advise and suggestions please.

Thanks,
    Vishal

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7115 posts
    18 August 2011 at 5:29:36 #833906

Hello Vishal, and welcome to the forum. The Titlis, Jungfrau and Matterhorn are considered to be some of Switzerland’s highlights, so you’ll definitely get to see the scenic beauty you’re looking for. As for accommodation: I wouldn’t stay in Zurich if I were you, as that will result in long traveling times to the mountains you want to visit. Staying in the Interlaken region would be more appropriate, as this is close to the Jungfraujoch and still allows you to make day trips to the Titlis and Zermatt. Do you land at Zurich Airport? In that case you could choose to visit Engelberg and the Titlis first, maybe with an overnight stay in Engelberg or Lucerne, and then travel onto Interlaken or a nearby town. Tips on booking cheap accommodation, and other budget tips, can be found here.

To reduce traveling costs, you should consider purchasing a rail pass. If you intend to stay for 4 days, the 4 day Swiss Saver Pass would suit your needs.

The Swiss timetable allows you to do further planning. Just enter your departure and arrival station, the preffered time and date of traveling, and all connections with relevant details will be displayed.

Does this get you started?

• The thread ‘First time to Switzerland …3-4 days Trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.