First time to visit Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 July 2011 at 7:05:31 #804488

I have plan to go Switzerland on 05-11nov this year.I would like to know about weather in this period.Is it good weather ?
    Its a winter or spring season.Can you comment my traveling program? As follow:
    1ST DAY : I arrive at zurich airport and I go to luzern by train and I have plan to Kapell Bruecke and Lowedenkmal .
    2ND DAY: I have plan to go Stein am Rhein and Rhein Fall and Munot in Schaffhausen.
    3RD DAY : I will leave Luzern and go to Zurich and have city tour in zurich.(Can you suggest me? Where should I go in Zurich?
    after then I leave Zurich and go to Lauterbrunen and stay there for Jungfraujoch tomorrow morning.
    4TH DAY: I have plan to go Jungfraujoch and to visit Interlaken and come back to stay at Lauterbrunen.
    5TH DAY : I leave for Zermatt and go to Matterhorn.
    6TH DAY : I leave Zermatt and go to Luzern and stay there.
    7TH DAY : I leave Luzern and go to Zurich airport.
    I have Swiss saver pass for my travel.
    I am looking forward to hear your suggestion . Thank you very much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7124 posts
    18 July 2011 at 3:57:31 #833499

Hello Mongkol, and welcome. With this itinerary you’ll get to see lots of Switzerlands highlights! Some tips: the Rhine falls are actually closer to Zurich than to Lucerne, so it would make more sense to visit them on your first day straight from the airport. You could combine this with the city trip in Zurich. This would mean that you spend your first two days in and around zurich, and then head onto Lucerne on the end of day 2 or on day 3. It’ll save you quite some traveling. You can check the timetable for traveling times. A trip in Zurich may include a boat trip over the lake, the tram to viewing point Uetliberg or the Swiss National Museum.

As for day 6 and 7: I’m not sure when your flight leaves from Zurich Airport, but if it’s not too early you could manage to spend day 6 in Zermatt as well and travel back to Zurich on day 7. Zermatt is beautiful too, so spending another full day there would be nice.

• The thread ‘First time to visit Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.