Rail pass 4 days Zurich, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 July 2019 at 7:35:20 #822839

Hello!

First time traveller to Switzerland so have a couple of questions I hope to get help with.

The trip: Family of 5, 4 day/3 nights in the second week of August. Coming from London to Zurich and staying in Interlaken for the first night and Lauterbrunnen the rest of the nights.

Question 1: I’ve been reading about the Half-Fare travel card and the complimentary Family card that comes with the purchase. Seems like getting the half-fare card will save us about $200.00 given I did the math right. But I ran into some trouble when I was looking to book the Jungfraujoch train. There is one child on the trip and when trying to book a ticket for the child, there was only the option to choose “half-fare card” or “child (6-16yrs old without junior card)” and the price for the child ticket turned out to be the same as the adult half-fare price. Is this supposed to be like this? or am I supposed to not add the child ticket to the purchase at all since we will have the Swiss Family Card?

Question 2: Is booking ahead of time for the Jungfraujoch train recommended? Since we are going in the second week of August, we predict is prime tourist season so thought that booking ahead and reserving seats would be best. Would love your thoughts.

Question 3: Planning on taking the Zurich to Interlaken via Luzern “Golden Pass” train. From the research I did, it looks like I buy the train tickets on SBB and make seat reservations for the “Golden Pass” train on here http://www.mob.ch/en/reservat ion-procedure

Is this the right website? And is seat reservations also recommended for this train?

Those are my questions! Help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

All the best,

Stef

• The thread ‘Rail pass 4 days Zurich, Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.