First time visitors in the Jungfrau region in July

• Vikrantpatel
    Participant
    1 post
    6 February 2020 at 11:42:53 #825130

Hi all,

me and my wife are planning to travel to Switzerland from July 16 – July 19 this year. We have never been here so its our first time and im currently planning the trip…below is my itinerary and I wanted to know if its the best way to visit. Our main aim is to visit Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe and then explore other areas by train with whatever time we have left.

our base will be interlaken – we are still searching for a hotel to stay

16/7/19 – London to Zurich flight will land around 9.45am

16/7/19 – Zurich to Interlaken by train- check in to hotel and explore the area around here may be – visit: Harder Kulm or St Beatus Caves .

17/7/19 – early morning travel to Jungfraujoch – Top of Europe (assuming weather is good enough), then may be after 2pm visit Lauterbrunnen (Trummelbalch Falls)

18 /7/19 – may do a scenic train journey…or visit Lake Bachalpse (or any other suggestions?)

19/7/19 – visit Lake Brienz or anything else around interlaken – then leave around 4pm to back to Zurich to catch flight back to london. (planning to take Golden pass line from interlaken Lucerne and then from there to Zurich so i get experience this train journey).

is the above a realistic itinerary or am i planning too much in the time we have>

In the above time we would love to visit other mountains if possible or experience cable cars…

in terms of train pass would it make sense to buy the 4 days consecutive – Swizz travel pass? so that would allow me to travel from Zurich to Interlaken and back on the 19th. Whilst we stay in interlaken we would then then explore the above mentioned places via public transport and surrounding areas and then travel back on the 4th day.

Someone has suggested that Swiss Half Card would be more suitable for my stay but i think it wont be cost effective if i am going to use public transport for the entire 4 days inc travel to and from Zurich.

I know i will need to buy a separate ticket to visit the top of Jungfraujoch but with the pass above i will get a discount 50% discount. I will only book the tickets once im there as weather can be unpredictable.

Any feedback highly appreciated. or suggestion any other places i can explore in the time we have.

Many Thanks

• The thread ‘First time visitors in the Jungfrau region in July’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.