First time in Switzerland – rail pass enquiry

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 3:56:56 #814416

Hi MySwissAlps team, I need your advise badly. I am confused of what pass i should get for our 3 day stay in the beauatiful Switzerland!

Me and my hb will be seeing the beauty of Switzerland on April. We are travalling from MIlan to Spiez. Then from Spiez will be heading to Interlaken for 1 night. The next day we are going to wengen for 1 night to see Jungfraujoch!!! Then lucerne on the 3rd day (night) and planning to take boat around luzern lake, maybe to weggis. Then the next day is going forward to Strassbourg.

Pls advise based on our itinerary what is the BEST rail pass should we buy.

Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 February 2018 at 8:36:57 #876735

Hi Pilakglobo, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

In order to pick the best rail pass for your trip read our page on how to choose the best rail pass. You’ll need to decide where you will be traveling to and which activities you will do during your trip. Then do the math to compare point to point tickets vs. different rail passes.

On the page you can download a document which gives you a quick overview of the different passes, and an Excel spreadsheet that can help you with your calculation.

• The thread ‘First time in Switzerland – rail pass enquiry’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.